Thread: Walther CP1 Target Pistol valuation

Walther CP1 Target Pistol valuation

I have a Walther CP1 CO2 pistol in VG/Ex condition.

I am curious what the market value would be.

Thanks

I paid £150 for a very nice example recently. I think the cylinders need resealing though
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I paid £150 for a very nice example recently. I think the cylinders need resealing though
    There was a nice CP3 on Gunstar last week at £125, unfortunately I was out and unable to contact the seller, but someone got a nice pistol.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    If that's all they are going for then that's a great bargain, they were probably the first big step in modern target air pistols from the FWB 65, with both a superb dropped wrist hold, and balance, with a superb trigger when set up correctly.

I had one of the first into the UK back in the day, and loved it, but we were restricted on their use then as they were initially on Fire Arms Certificate . I still have CP2 which is very similar.

You can get the cylinders resealed, and Walther also still have new cylinders for them.

Have fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I made a tool to unscrew the valve from the cylinders which makes resealing quite easy
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Well if that's all the market will pay, I will keep it.

It is far superior to anything else for the same price.

A local dealer has complete valves and other spares.

In fact I should purchase another

I bought the CP3 that was recently on gunstar.

Shot it for the first time this week, really pleased with it. Also bought a second cylinder off of a well know auction site as it only came with one cylinder.

The CP1,2,3's (or the early Feinwerbau Co2 pistolds) don't appear to sell for very much, maybe because they are Co2 based?

Good to know that someone has spare valves and seals too

Has anyone seen/shot a Walther CP5?

Quote Originally Posted by Discocom View Post

Shot it for the first time this week, really pleased with it. Also bought a second cylinder off of a well know auction site as it only came with one cylinder.

The CP1,2,3's (or the early Feinwerbau Co2 pistolds) don't appear to sell for very much, maybe because they are Co2 based?

Thought it might have been looked in very nice condition, I've had a few over the years from CP1, CP2, CP3 and my favourite although rather odd looking CPM1, loved the balance and shot it superbly, the issue I think is that PCP has been around for a bit now and early Steyr LP1's, Morini 162's etc can be got for around £400 and with most clubs having a fill bottle these seem to the choice power method, It does however mean that new shooters can now get top quality match pistols for very little money now which can only be good for the sport. (if they're prepared to go the C02 route, personally I never found filling them any more effort than a PCP)
    Good luck with the CP3
    Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Discocom View Post

What is this gunstar you speak of?

Can air pistols be exported from the UK to Canada?

I have a walther CP5 which I purchased off a member of the BBS. He had replaced the battery but that had not fixed it. I repaired the electronic trigger and adjusted the solenoid and got it going. they are not as nice to shoot as a Steyr LP5 but it is still a lovely pistol.
    I think people are put off by bulk filling Co2 which makes the CP pistols cheap although I did pay £250 ish each for both my CP2 and CPM-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I have a walther CP5 which I purchased off a member of the BBS. He had replaced the battery but that had not fixed it. I repaired the electronic trigger and adjusted the solenoid and got it going. they are not as nice to shoot as a Steyr LP5 but it is still a lovely pistol.
    I think people are put off by bulk filling Co2 which makes the CP pistols cheap although I did pay £250 ish each for both my CP2 and CPM-1.
    never found a CP5 or the FWB equivalent (c55), would love to own either
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

I had never heard of the CP5 until the last owner asked for help on the forum. The FWB C55 was the basis of a star wars blaster so star wars fans are after them as well as shooters. I would love to have one as they are very good looking.