Thread: 45/70-90

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Many Thanks to all for your input. Managed to get the correct 45/90 cases last week and have made some rounds up ready
    to try on Saturday. 65grns of b/p, a card wad followed by a .7cc scoop of semolina topped off with a 535grn Postell bullet lubed
    with Wonderlube. Have cast my bullets from a 75/25 mix of pure lead/linotype as thats what i had to hand. However i have now
    bought a kilo of tin and 600 grms of pewter in ingot form off the bay. When it arrives i will have a go at a 20/1 mix and see
    how they compare to my current bullet.
    Finally a big Ta to loiner1965 for doing a hardness test on my 75/25 mix which came out at BHN 10.4 which is the same as my
    303 bullet made from wheel weights. Tim

no problem mate happy to help.....plus i kept your samples for the pot lol

Smile

Managed to get out with the Sharps today. Only 50 yards but looking good. Many Thanks to all for your input. Its a big
    heavy gun but what a rifle.!! 65grns with a semolina filler and a 535 grn postell. Not for the faint hearted. First few shots
    the rear sight came back and twatted me between the eyes, Locked it up and no more knocks to the nut. All shots in the
    black so on the way to hunting my first buffalo.