Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breech Bolt Replacement for Webley Vulcan and Hawk

Breech Bolt Replacement for Webley Vulcan and Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I'm sure he didn't say 'it can't be done' because as an engineer he knows that it can, I just want to know why it is a bad idea. I cannot see how it would pull the jaws apart. Can anyone explain?
    My guess is if the pivot hole isn't exactly in the centre of the circle made by the jaws when viewed from end on then tightning it will close the bottom half of the circle & open the top if you get my drift?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    My guess is if the pivot hole isn't exactly in the centre of the circle made by the jaws when viewed from end on then tightning it will close the bottom half of the circle & open the top if you get my drift?
    Ah, OK I get it, thanks. Will have another look at the set-up...

Indeed
    I spent some time looking at ‘future proofing’ my beloved Excels some years ago, and went through this then -

People do all sorts of mods to their rifles, all the ex Webley factory guys you will ask, Steve P included will say the same thing - put in block and press, and if required use shims- non of them reckon bolts were a good idea .....
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Indeed
    I spent some time looking at ‘future proofing’ my beloved Excels some years ago, and went through this then -

People do all sorts of mods to their rifles, all the ex Webley factory guys you will ask, Steve P included will say the same thing - put in block and press, and if required use shims- non of them reckon bolts were a good idea .....
    Well a tweak in a vice is going to take a lot less time than footling about fitting a bolt which won't work, and I cannot see myself doing extended plinking sessions with the Hawk, so thanks for the advice. Standard it will remain...