Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Home compressor 300 bar

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    I wonder if it could top up a dive tank from 200 to 300
    The manufacturers specifically do not make that claim and actually warn about trying. It isn't just a question of 'leaving it on for longer'. This type of compressor is designed and advertised to charge rifles and small reservoirs not 12 litre dive tanks. If you saw one in the flesh you would understand. It is really quite 'petite'.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    just taken a look at the Chinese pumps on the bay. They appear quite tidy, but I may have to give this one a miss as it may be worn out before you get it!

See the sellers name?
    I think its lost (or gained something in translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    just taken a look at the Chinese pumps on the bay. They appear quite tidy, but I may have to give this one a miss as it may be worn out before you get it!

See the sellers name?
    look at the feed back also

asking for more money when the deal is done

I like my Yong Heng compressor

Hi I'm in the USA. I purchased a 110V model with the adjustable shut off from AliExpress. I've used it for about 3 months now, and it's great. I've had no problems with it so far. I use it to fill a 30 minute SCBA tank. (45 cubic feet) I fill it from 2800 psi to 4200 psi, and it takes about 12 minutes. It really is amazing.

Best regards,
    Mike

I think the one tested and stripped by the German chap looks quite sound for home use. The risk of explosion would be in your connected reservoirs rather than the machine as there is little air volume in it to
    expand (ie explode).

All else is down to good threads and fittings, as it always is.
    Fine for buddy bottles etc, not fine for 7Ltr 300 Bar tanks!

I can see me wanting one....
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

The big concern would be that they do not provide clean filtered air.
    PCPs specify Breathing air only and i strongly suspect that filling with air from one of these will void the warranty on the rifle (which is usually a lot more expensive than the cheap compressor).

The last test i saw for one of these found the air output contaminated by micro particles and a fine oil mist. I wanted to get one but ended up going with the 12L 300bar cylinder as a safer option.

I've spent thousands on PcP rifles and would hate to see any of them put out of action due to faults from poor filling. Same argument on mobile phones, If you spend £600 on a phone why would you trust a £3.50 case to keep it safe?

The 'good' compressors are £2K+ for a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    The big concern would be that they do not provide clean filtered air.
    PCPs specify Breathing air only and i strongly suspect that filling with air from one of these will void the warranty on the rifle (which is usually a lot more expensive than the cheap compressor).

The last test i saw for one of these found the air output contaminated by micro particles and a fine oil mist. I wanted to get one but ended up going with the 12L 300bar cylinder as a safer option.

I've spent thousands on PcP rifles and would hate to see any of them put out of action due to faults from poor filling. Same argument on mobile phones, If you spend £600 on a phone why would you trust a £3.50 case to keep it safe?

The 'good' compressors are £2K+ for a good reason.
    Do you inspect the filters of the pump that you have your bottle filled by ? They could be pumping dirty air into your tank with out you knowing .

you would only know if your rifle developed a fault or you open the cylinder after every fill . unless your filling place is filling diving tanks for actual divers then you may never know whats being pumped into your tank.

i strongly suspect that filling with air from one of these will void the warranty on the rifle (which is usually a lot more expensive than the cheap compressor).
    But a £50 hand pump is fine?

I really wouldnt worry
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    But a £50 hand pump is fine?

I really wouldnt worry
    I'm with you on that one Rich-happy New Year by the way.

I used a Korean compressor for years without any problems with particles and oil mist. A little like 'potential' problems sending air guns via the mail. More in the imagination than the reality. Being technical for a minute if like me you use a Rapid the block is aluminium, the regulator/fast flow valve is high grade stainless steel (and in any case it is easy to inspect) and the air tank (buddy bottle) is also aluminium. I suspect that old PCP rifles with thin steel air tubes pose more of a hazard.
    I used my Korean compressor to fill my 12 litre dive tank which sailed through its internal inspection when the time came so I honestly think the risk is minimal.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I run my gun on dry Welsh air from the NDC in Chepstow. I don't know if it'd like cheap Chinese air.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I run my gun on dry Welsh air from the NDC in Chepstow. I don't know if it'd like cheap Chinese air.
    Don't worry, every time I see a Chinese program on TV they are all wearing masks, so Chinese air is filtered by definition!

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Do you inspect the filters of the pump that you have your bottle filled by ? They could be pumping dirty air into your tank with out you knowing .

you would only know if your rifle developed a fault or you open the cylinder after every fill . unless your filling place is filling diving tanks for actual divers then you may never know whats being pumped into your tank.

I get it filled at a place in Tonbridge called "Dive Machine" (Scuba Diving Centre, PADI Training & First Aid facility) £7.50 for a 300Bar 12L.
    I'm tempted by the cheapo compressors and may try one in the future for my S16

I get it filled at a place in Tonbridge called "Dive Machine" (Scuba Diving Centre, PADI Training & First Aid facility) £7.50 for a 300Bar 12L.
    I'm tempted by the cheapo compressors and may try one in the future for my S16
    Thats a high price, have you mentioned that unlike divers cylinders yours is still 1/2 full / charge
    my 12 ltr costs a fiver

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post
    Thats a high price, have you mentioned that unlike divers cylinders yours is still 1/2 full / charge
    my 12 ltr costs a fiver
    Only found two places near me that will fill a "surface" cylinder. One for £7.50 and one for £7, The £7 was at Blue Ocean and after I got there they put the price up to £17.

i've been thinking about getting one for a while now has anyone bought one?
    and how long did it take to get here and did you have to pay any import duty?