Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Home compressor 300 bar

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    The big concern would be that they do not provide clean filtered air.
    PCPs specify Breathing air only and i strongly suspect that filling with air from one of these will void the warranty on the rifle (which is usually a lot more expensive than the cheap compressor).

The last test i saw for one of these found the air output contaminated by micro particles and a fine oil mist. I wanted to get one but ended up going with the 12L 300bar cylinder as a safer option.

I've spent thousands on PcP rifles and would hate to see any of them put out of action due to faults from poor filling. Same argument on mobile phones, If you spend £600 on a phone why would you trust a £3.50 case to keep it safe?

The 'good' compressors are £2K+ for a good reason.
    Absolutely ^^^^

I wouldn't even consider pumping my s510 up with something that may be highly likely to contain moisture. Divers breathing air is the only way to go in my opinion. The thought of moisture in the s510 tube slowly but surely ruining it makes me cringe!!!

You can always fit oil & moisture filters in to the air line

This is what a commercial set up looks like

https://youtu.be/RZAoN5f2xOY

I wonder if similar principles could be used on a smaller scale with this Chinese compressor. Perhaps keep a 3l 300 bar bottle topped up using this method, and top up air rifle from that bottle.

this one seems ok Air Rifle Air Venturi Compressor .Warning ,The guy is like a child on E numbers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2M2Tdim_to

pricey though if shipped from the US. https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_V...V_Version/7861

There is also the Daystate one which is a rebadged Coltri and will provide breathing quality air

ATB
    James

the key thing with all the more expensive compressors is that they have a better moisture trap whats the betting the compressors are made in China to the end users spec and with their own brand applied and a far better filtration system
    the Chinese are quite clever and will make anything for any one but do tend to run a few of the same item off for them to sell under another name just like hawk and leaper scopes are sold under another name just cheaper
    interesting that you get the usual negative responses and fear mongering and whilst hpa is dangerous if abused and safety blow off discs or other safety devices aren't fitted or are circumvented
    how many comment with no real knowledge on the subject(not aimed at anyone here and could be said about many other topics on most forums) and just repeat parrot fashion what everyone else says

Anyone seen these or had any hands on experience with them?

https://www.omegacompressor.com

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Anyone seen these or had any hands on experience with them?

https://www.omegacompressor.com
    Giles barry did a video about them. It's on that site I think.
    Last edited by bighit; 07-01-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I have one, fill my 10 liter bottle from 170 to 280 bar in a hour and a half. 10 minutes working, 5 min cool down. Take it easy, no problems.

Have filled to 300 bar, took ages! 280 bar is easier.

Had one relay burn out, a couple of quid to fix. My fault, over working the compressor.
    This would be ideal I reckon if you had a 3ltr bottle...and a gun that fills to 180bar ... Just like my huntsman! Even a 500cc Day tripper.. mmmmm interesting...
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

So.... has anybody actually bought and tried one of these?
    FX Bobcat MK2 .22 FAC. ATN X-Sight LTV.
    FX Impact X .177 Saim SCP19.
    FX Dreamline Compact Lite. .177 Hawke Sidewinder 4x16 FFP.

From what I've seen on the net, quite a few people have bought these and with a few upgrades such as better 'O' rings and additional filters have been quite happy with the result. Would I want to go diving with a bottle filled by one of them, probably not, but neither would I go diving with a bottle filled by a hand pump either & plenty of people fill their PCP's with those.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Ok....so I bit the bullet and ordered one on the 21st.....being delivered tomorrow the 30th....no duties to be paid. Going to be used to fill guns only. Let see how I get on.

I've just asked for info about the Omega one from both Pellpax and Best fittings. Does anyone have the Omega one or heard any feedback?
    Last edited by ChrisC; 30-01-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Right. Had a play with this this morning.
    Filled two guns upto 220 bar easy enough.
    Set up was easy.
    Both guns filled in under 3 minutes.
    No different in ease of use and time wise compared to using my dive bottle.
    Only time will let me know of any damage caused to cylinder running this compressor.
    For me it saves a 30mile round trip using public transport every time the dive bottle needs a fill/test.
    Last edited by dbarnard2; 03-02-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarnard2 View Post
    Right. Had a play with this this morning.
    Filled two guns upto 220 bar easy enough.
    Set up was easy.
    Both guns filled in under 3 minutes.
    No different in ease of use and time wise compared to using my dive bottle.
    Only time will let me know of any damage caused to cylinder running this compressor.
    For me it saves a 30mile round trip using public transport every time the dive bottle needs a fill/test.
    which one did you buy?