Thread: Small, Lightweight multishot pcp rifle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you can find one a Benjamin marauder (p-rod) carbine is very light with a great trigger and ultra reliable magazine. They aren't that common in the UK but if you don't mind importing there are a few reliable European retailers that stock them.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

SMK Artemis P15 is a bullpup and weighs 4.5lb. Best of both worlds because you already said you like the bullpup configuration.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

secretagentmole Guest

How about something from the Ukraine?

http://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/kozak-pcp-bull-pup/

The rifles are superb. Has a 300 bar working pressure, is regulated, 2 maagzines, quickfill probe, bsp probe. Comes with useful hard case!

Webley Spectre.
    I started this life with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Quote Originally Posted by zpaulg View Post
    Webley Spectre.
    Better of with the FX Cyclone, same action as the Spectre, in a synthetic stock. Much lighter than the Spectre with the fishtail chequered stock.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Occasionally I'm asked to do pest control job in internal areas such as farm buildings and a riding school.
    I've always used my trusty .22 Fenman but I've always fancied a short, lightweight, quiet PCP for the job possibly coupled with a "little Simmons" !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Occasionally I'm asked to do pest control job in internal areas such as farm buildings and a riding school.
    I've always used my trusty .22 Fenman but I've always fancied a short, lightweight, quiet PCP for the job possibly coupled with a "little Simmons" !
    You could do a lot worse than a solid little 12" actioned Titan Bearcat, John (or if you have to, the later copy of the Bearcat, Falcon FN12). Add a threaded mod' adapter to the pencil-barrel, and you can also have quietness along with the british steel, brass and wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I have to say John, I'm really enjoying my shortened r10.. it may be a bit much weight wise mainly because of the bottle but in PCP world it's great as you can leave your charging kit at home because you know you have the shot count.
    I think the ultras are great but again.. it's charging equipment for the low shot count.
    The other argument is "if it ant broke don't fix it!!" And continue your love affair with your fenman
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    http://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/kozak-pcp-bull-pup/

The rifles are superb. Has a 300 bar working pressure, is regulated, 2 maagzines, quickfill probe, bsp probe. Comes with useful hard case!
    Look good, but the weight again is too much, nearly 7lbs, shame though!

smk

have a look at the smk cp2 --- its the lighest carbine out there I got one and its a good little gun --I am disabled to and cannot use my old hw rifles as they are way to heavy

Many thanks to you all for your comments, I have been round various gunshops since I started this post and looked at all the guns suggested, Whilst i would love to buy them all, I cant afford it. I have got it down to the ultra or the contour S6, what I think is going to sway me is the lack of a barrel band on the ultra. In my opinion a bent barrel waiting to happen. I am going to see a fella in Surrey on Saturday who has a contour for sale. It has a right handed stock but a left handed action, not sure how I will get on with it, but he has kindly offered to let me have a look with no commitment. Watch this space!!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    Many thanks to you all for your comments, I have been round various gunshops since I started this post and looked at all the guns suggested, Whilst i would love to buy them all, I cant afford it. I have got it down to the ultra or the contour S6, what I think is going to sway me is the lack of a barrel band on the ultra. In my opinion a bent barrel waiting to happen. I am going to see a fella in Surrey on Saturday who has a contour for sale. It has a right handed stock but a left handed action, not sure how I will get on with it, but he has kindly offered to let me have a look with no commitment. Watch this space!!
    Don't be deterred by the lack of a band, free floating barrels are good!
    Plus the Ultras barrel is sturdy enough and well enough seated that anything that hit it hard enough to bend the barrel would do it band or no.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    SMK Artemis P15 is a bullpup and weighs 4.5lb. Best of both worlds because you already said you like the bullpup configuration.
    It looks very much like the Kral Bullpup, has the same 22mm picatinny rail and side lever cocking, be nice to find someone who had one to swap!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    It looks very much like the Kral Bullpup, has the same 22mm picatinny rail and side lever cocking, be nice to find someone who had one to swap!!
    You can but ask in the swap section.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk