Thread: Small, Lightweight multishot pcp rifle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Small, Lightweight multishot pcp rifle?

Hi All,

Last year I fell in love with Bullpups, still love 'em, I bought myself a Kral Puncher, which is a superb rifle but very heavy (to me, because I am a weak old git and partially disabled), so it is'nt getting any use. I have seen pictures of the BSA Ultra and the Brocock Contour, which are advertised as being lightweight. My question is, are these the only choice or is there more out there to look at?

The lightest I've ever used is a Falcon FN12. Mines a single shot but, I believe they did make a multishot with a light hunter stock.

It might not be the easiest thing to find now though. Freeads might be worth a search.

All of the above.

The SMK 900 is very light.
    Open sights with scope rail.
    Single and multi shot.

Cheap and great for youngsters/ oldsters.

The Smk P15 bullpup is also good and light.

The Brocock Bantam Hilite is a good choice if you want to spend more.

I have the 900 and the Brocock and enjoy them both.
    Especially enjoy picking them up!

I've owned Ultras and Contours, imo you would struggle to find a lighter gun than a Brocock Contour, they weigh almost nothing

Artemis p15 bullpup is very light and accurate.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    AA Superlite - 410 or 510

Daystate Regal

HW100Ks/t - carbine versions

All good quality and decent guns available 2nd hand from £350 to £550, my only watch out for is the AA stocks are easily marked as they are made of "poplar" wood. The Regal is by far the nicest, and the HW is well proven, but a love/hate looks wise.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I've owned Ultras and Contours, imo you would struggle to find a lighter gun than a Brocock Contour, they weigh almost nothing
    This ^^^^

An FN12 or Ultra is heavy compared to the Contour.

Thank you for all your comments, keep em coming! My Kral Bullpup is over 7lbs in weight. So far the Contour is looking the best bet at 4lbs 5ozs. Just been out on my range with the Kral, I forgot how much I liked it! especially the 14 shot magazine, but it is still too heavy for me and it has to go.

I have the AA S510 carbine (standard version) but they do a superlight version. The 510's are cracking rifles, super accurate and the build quality is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    Hi All,

Last year I fell in love with Bullpups, still love 'em, I bought myself a Kral Puncher, which is a superb rifle but very heavy (to me, because I am a weak old git and partially disabled), so it is'nt getting any use. I have seen pictures of the BSA Ultra and the Brocock Contour, which are advertised as being lightweight. My question is, are these the only choice or is there more out there to look at?
    What are you using it for? And just because it is light doesn't mean it fits and fit is king.

The FN12 is exceptionally light. They did a multishot version though I never really took to Falcons.

The AA TDR might be a good option.

But the use and the fit are really sort of essential.

If your looking for single shot then the Edgun Leishy is cool but mental money IMHO.

DO you want multishot or single. Is it target ot a hunter or multi role?
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    What are you using it for? And just because it is light doesn't mean it fits and fit is king.

The FN12 is exceptionally light. They did a multishot version though I never really took to Falcons.

If your looking for single shot then the Edgun Leishy is cool but mental money IMHO.

Just want to use for target shooting, 25yds and standing. so weight is an issue. SMK Artemis P15 might be a contender for me?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post

But the use and the fit are really sort of essential...
    Definitely. For this reason I would recommend the OP try a synthetic stocked Ultra for size. One of the better more ergonomic factory stocks out there IMO, almost a target stock.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    Hi All,

In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

BSA Ultra
    For many reasons, mainly popularity / accuracy ease of bits spares repairs customisation options etc etc, stock choices .....
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Check out the BSA Scorpion T-10. The earlier models with the right handed synthetic black tactical stock are very light and point and shoot very well. Rate mine very highly