Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Small, Lightweight multishot pcp rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    It looks very much like the Kral Bullpup, has the same 22mm picatinny rail and side lever cocking, be nice to find someone who had one to swap!!
    You can but ask in the swap section.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Hi All,

Last year I fell in love with Bullpups, still love 'em, I bought myself a Kral Puncher, which is a superb rifle but very heavy (to me, because I am a weak old git and partially disabled), so it is'nt getting any use. I have seen pictures of the BSA Ultra and the Brocock Contour, which are advertised as being lightweight. My question is, are these the only choice or is there more out there to look at?
    What are you using it for? And just because it is light doesn't mean it fits and fit is king.

The FN12 is exceptionally light. They did a multishot version though I never really took to Falcons.

The AA TDR might be a good option.

But the use and the fit are really sort of essential.

If your looking for single shot then the Edgun Leishy is cool but mental money IMHO.

DO you want multishot or single. Is it target ot a hunter or multi role?
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    What are you using it for? And just because it is light doesn't mean it fits and fit is king.

The FN12 is exceptionally light. They did a multishot version though I never really took to Falcons.

If your looking for single shot then the Edgun Leishy is cool but mental money IMHO.

Just want to use for target shooting, 25yds and standing. so weight is an issue. SMK Artemis P15 might be a contender for me?

Hi All,

Last year I fell in love with Bullpups, still love 'em, I bought myself a Kral Puncher, which is a superb rifle but very heavy (to me, because I am a weak old git and partially disabled), so it is'nt getting any use. I have seen pictures of the BSA Ultra and the Brocock Contour, which are advertised as being lightweight. My question is, are these the only choice or is there more out there to look at?

In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

BSA Ultra
    For many reasons, mainly popularity / accuracy ease of bits spares repairs customisation options etc etc, stock choices .....
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Check out the BSA Scorpion T-10. The earlier models with the right handed synthetic black tactical stock are very light and point and shoot very well. Rate mine very highly

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    AA Superlite - 410 or 510

Daystate Regal

HW100Ks/t - carbine versions

All good quality and decent guns available 2nd hand from £350 to £550, my only watch out for is the AA stocks are easily marked as they are made of "poplar" wood. The Regal is by far the nicest, and the HW is well proven, but a love/hate looks wise.

James
    I was going to say, my huntsman classic is really light... Put a lightweight scope on & it's really pointable.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Be interested to "hear" how quiet some of the air rifles mentioned are ?
    Ultra, Falcon, Contour, Kral etc.
    Guess that would depend on the moderator being used ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Ultra and Contour, are very quiet with a decent mod on. Hogan Decimeater, HW etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Be interested to "hear" how quiet some of the air rifles mentioned are ?
    Ultra, Falcon, Contour, Kral etc.
    Guess that would depend on the moderator being used ?
    My FN12 Light hunter has got the quick fill silencer thingy on the end - to be honest, it's crap as a silencer. I use an adapter in the end and an HW silencer, this makes it very quiet.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zpaulg View Post
    Webley Spectre.
    Better of with the FX Cyclone, same action as the Spectre, in a synthetic stock. Much lighter than the Spectre with the fishtail chequered stock.

Occasionally I'm asked to do pest control job in internal areas such as farm buildings and a riding school.
    I've always used my trusty .22 Fenman but I've always fancied a short, lightweight, quiet PCP for the job possibly coupled with a "little Simmons" !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Occasionally I'm asked to do pest control job in internal areas such as farm buildings and a riding school.
    I've always used my trusty .22 Fenman but I've always fancied a short, lightweight, quiet PCP for the job possibly coupled with a "little Simmons" !
    You could do a lot worse than a solid little 12" actioned Titan Bearcat, John (or if you have to, the later copy of the Bearcat, Falcon FN12). Add a threaded mod' adapter to the pencil-barrel, and you can also have quietness along with the british steel, brass and wood.

I was in the same boat .... loved the kral breaker but it's heavy so bought the P15
    Light as a feather , massive shot count and good build quality
    Magazines can be hit and miss but I've no issues with my 4 .... also have a single shot adapter
    Try and get one to shoulder .... you won't believe the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    You could do a lot worse than a solid little 12" actioned Titan Bearcat, John (or if you have to, the later copy of the Bearcat, Falcon FN12). Add a threaded mod' adapter to the pencil-barrel, and you can also have quietness along with the british steel, brass and wood.
    Cheers Phil, I'll look that up !
    “An airgun or two”………