Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Small, Lightweight multishot pcp rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Occasionally I'm asked to do pest control job in internal areas such as farm buildings and a riding school.
    I've always used my trusty .22 Fenman but I've always fancied a short, lightweight, quiet PCP for the job possibly coupled with a "little Simmons" !
    I have to say John, I'm really enjoying my shortened r10.. it may be a bit much weight wise mainly because of the bottle but in PCP world it's great as you can leave your charging kit at home because you know you have the shot count.
    I think the ultras are great but again.. it's charging equipment for the low shot count.
    The other argument is "if it ant broke don't fix it!!" And continue your love affair with your fenman
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

After much rumination I am going to keep the Kral. It is such a good gun, I know I would regret selling it. Meanwhile I get to look around at other rifles. You can never have too many.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    After much rumination I am going to keep the Kral. It is such a good gun, I know I would regret selling it. Meanwhile I get to look around at other rifles. You can never have too many.
    Good to hear that. Out of interest what scope have you fitted because a small light scope can make a difference.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Its a Hawke 3-9 x 40, its not heavy, but thanks for the comment. It will be ok to use on my 15yard range in my garden on bench rest.

Another vote for the Vermy - in the States, they use them as pistols, so not too heavy - plus it's adjustable stock-wise, just slide the bottle cover back & re-tighten.

My vote is for the Brocock.
    I have four, two concept and two contour.
    Magazine is small at 6 rounds but only need that when wearing gloves.

SMK PR900 is the lightest rifle I have ever found, value for money too.

Neil

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I have to say John, I'm really enjoying my shortened r10.. it may be a bit much weight wise mainly because of the bottle but in PCP world it's great as you can leave your charging kit at home because you know you have the shot count.
    I think the ultras are great but again.. it's charging equipment for the low shot count.
    The other argument is "if it ant broke don't fix it!!" And continue your love affair with your fenman
    The Fenman is a trusty, fairly lightweight, compact and handlable hunting tool particularly with the "little Simmons" and thats all i need when on a job. However although i had several R7's, i never had a compact, lightweight PCP which although i'd need an air cylinder, i always thought the previous points an advantage !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    The Fenman is a trusty, fairly lightweight, compact and handlable hunting tool particularly with the "little Simmons" and thats all i need when on a job. However although i had several R7's, i never had a compact, lightweight PCP which although i'd need an air cylinder, i always thought the previous points an advantage !
    Ultra, compatto, falcon fn12, wildcat. All in .22 or .25.. I'd say .22
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    What are you using it for? And just because it is light doesn't mean it fits and fit is king.

The FN12 is exceptionally light. They did a multishot version though I never really took to Falcons.

The AA TDR might be a good option.

But the use and the fit are really sort of essential...
    Definitely. For this reason I would recommend the OP try a synthetic stocked Ultra for size. One of the better more ergonomic factory stocks out there IMO, almost a target stock.
    Good deals with these members

smk

have a look at the smk cp2 --- its the lighest carbine out there I got one and its a good little gun --I am disabled to and cannot use my old hw rifles as they are way to heavy

Many thanks to you all for your comments, I have been round various gunshops since I started this post and looked at all the guns suggested, Whilst i would love to buy them all, I cant afford it. I have got it down to the ultra or the contour S6, what I think is going to sway me is the lack of a barrel band on the ultra. In my opinion a bent barrel waiting to happen. I am going to see a fella in Surrey on Saturday who has a contour for sale. It has a right handed stock but a left handed action, not sure how I will get on with it, but he has kindly offered to let me have a look with no commitment. Watch this space!!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    Many thanks to you all for your comments, I have been round various gunshops since I started this post and looked at all the guns suggested, Whilst i would love to buy them all, I cant afford it. I have got it down to the ultra or the contour S6, what I think is going to sway me is the lack of a barrel band on the ultra. In my opinion a bent barrel waiting to happen. I am going to see a fella in Surrey on Saturday who has a contour for sale. It has a right handed stock but a left handed action, not sure how I will get on with it, but he has kindly offered to let me have a look with no commitment. Watch this space!!
    Don't be deterred by the lack of a band, free floating barrels are good!
    Plus the Ultras barrel is sturdy enough and well enough seated that anything that hit it hard enough to bend the barrel would do it band or no.
    Good deals with these members