Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
What is about springers that are shit ....as a generally sweaping statement across a whole raft of fantastic guns we have had down the years and you not being on the same tracks...or 1 or 2 isolated experiences.?
The function of many types of tuned springers have done incredible things down the years.
100 s of FT shoots won, and often the first choice for the professional pest control shooter.
THe huge benefit of self containment when out in the field and the long lasting qualities of many ...some 50 years or more and still going strong....
New tuning technology taking them onto a new level and host of after market business which is good for our sport ....
Im not getting on you ....just a bit perplexed

Do you have a photo of this cataclysmic damage ...ill see if i can help you out ...The piston damage intrigues me the most.
Furnish me with some pics and descriptions ...i love these challenges .
If I could point to one very specific thing I dislike about springer's I would probably describe it as "Everything".
Its a sweeping statement about a whole raft of guns all of which are rubbishand it is a statement that is correct.
I just hate them. They are dinosaurs and they kick like mules. I shoot centre fires that shoot more pleasantly.
I don't like them. Never have. Never will.
Of course, that is totally subjective. I never bought into the it makes you a better shooter crap either. I come from archery and if you want to know what controlling recoil is about shoot a bow. Rifles are piss easy to shoot in comparison. Recoil on a 6.5 x 55 is sweet. on a springer......OMG

OK...You don't need a tank in the field but you have to break position to re-cock with an under lever or a break barrel - or even side lever. If you are not a calm individual, a second back up shot is probably going to be a slow affair. I have 2 bottles and I don't think I have ever run out of air hunting if it wasn't seal related. But springer's have seals too. Both have issues like crushing fingers or slicing them off and banana barrels or the cylinder expanding at a thoroughly indecent rate. But I respect 200 Bar than I do something of a BSA Bantum

I have shot tuned kit, The AA TX SR isn't bad for a dino, but none has ever made me want to put my hand in my pocket and spend money.

I sort of joke about it but deep in my heart, I have no flame at all for springer's.

Old technology old methods old old old.

Yuk.......

Yep.....I don't like springer's.

There are of course as many crocks in the PCP world as there are gems as I am sure there are with spring guns but they are just so far down the evolutionary scale