Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther Century Or LGV?

The FWB sport is the best springer

You know very well which one !

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    but some on here just like to knock certain brands for fun
    But don't you think that can be one way to find out the truth, because if you knock a gun for fun it soon gets found out if its wrong and in the process the best bits of the gun in question are seen

BTW not much mention about the trigger problems especially when comparing it with a 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    But don't you think that can be one way to find out the truth, because if you knock a gun for fun it soon gets found out if its wrong and in the process the best bits of the gun in question are seen

BTW not much mention about the trigger problems especially when comparing it with a 80.
    Stop trying to make my point for me

Actually I mentioned the trigger I prefer the Walther And I have half a Dozen Record equipped Guns

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Actually I mentioned the trigger I prefer the Walther And I have half a Dozen Record equipped Guns
    If you can shoot well with an FWB Sport trigger then a Walther trigger will be fine. Rekord triggers are excellent but enough practice with lesser mechanisms will still give outstanding accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Big long transfer ports big long transfer ports. And a partridge in a pear tree.
    Yes, but, Diana 34. It should be a bit rubbish at 12, but it isn't, at least in .22". Law of diminishing returns. Dodgy TP meets OK everything else.

I did say problems

Anyway I have never owned a century but I would say that it looks better than lgv but I would like to see some closeups pics of the internals (they are bit rare) in this pic the piston it does look a bit thinner metal and could perhaps break as been suggested, but its not much of a pic, also does the century have those cheap looking plastic bits holding the linkage in place?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Yes, but, Diana 34. It should be a bit rubbish at 12, but it isn't, at least in .22". Law of diminishing returns. Dodgy TP meets OK everything else.
    Well Diana is the goddess of hunting so she gets to do whatever the heck she wants!

[QUOTE=Barryg;7404291]I did say problems

Anyway I have never owned a century but I would say that it looks better than lgv but I would like to see some closeups pics of the internals (they are bit rare) in this pic the piston it does look a bit thinner metal and could perhaps break as been suggested, but its not much of a pic, also does the century have those cheap looking plastic bits holding the linkage in place?
    At least it has plastic to run on Theobens have just the wood of the stock ??
    and Diana pistons look like old baked bean tins compared with the walther

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/wp-c...lant-parts.jpg
    Last edited by mallyally; 01-01-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Ha Ha See whats happening here

Anyway to The OP LGV is better to shoot if you want .177

[QUOTE=mallyally;7404298]
    I did say problems

At least it has plastic to run on Theobens have just the wood of the stock ??
    and Diana pistons look like old baked bean tins compared with the walther

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/wp-c...lant-parts.jpg
    Have another look

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    As I understand it, the piston head cum linkage and the spring. I was shown the head and the spring and it was totalled. The piston had ripped like paper. The barrel was not Open as in fully pulled back in the cocking stroke. It had been returned to the almost closed position so maybe a quarter inch from locked up. The person who stripped commented on the poor design an explained why. However, as hell will freeze over before I buy a springer, I passed the info on to the owner and filed the information in the Business Information Network. It is info I will never use again.

If others think its a great rifle then that's fine with me. I beg to differ.
    What might have happened is if the gun was cocked and the barrel was returned to the barrel lock position but not engaged
    and the gun had the trigger pulled the piston would have hit the cocking shoe very hard that is held in place by the plastic things and if the piston metal is thin it could have been ripped by the flimsy cocking shoe, I would have liked to have seen some pics

I don't understand
    that is a video of a magnum plus gas ram gun being lubricated with silicone oil, (reality)
    I thought we was discussing the quality of springer pistons

I don't understand
    that is a video of a magnum plus gas ram gun being lubricated with silicone oil, (reality)
    I thought we was discussing the quality of springer pistons
    It's a great way to knacker a piston when it starts galling up.