Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Walther Century Or LGV?

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    What is about springers that are shit ....as a generally sweaping statement across a whole raft of fantastic guns we have had down the years and you not being on the same tracks...or 1 or 2 isolated experiences.?
    The function of many types of tuned springers have done incredible things down the years.
    100 s of FT shoots won, and often the first choice for the professional pest control shooter.
    THe huge benefit of self containment when out in the field and the long lasting qualities of many ...some 50 years or more and still going strong....
    New tuning technology taking them onto a new level and host of after market business which is good for our sport ....
    Im not getting on you ....just a bit perplexed

Do you have a photo of this cataclysmic damage ...ill see if i can help you out ...The piston damage intrigues me the most.
    Furnish me with some pics and descriptions ...i love these challenges .
    If I could point to one very specific thing I dislike about springer's I would probably describe it as "Everything".
    Its a sweeping statement about a whole raft of guns all of which are rubbishand it is a statement that is correct.
    I just hate them. They are dinosaurs and they kick like mules. I shoot centre fires that shoot more pleasantly.
    I don't like them. Never have. Never will.
    Of course, that is totally subjective. I never bought into the it makes you a better shooter crap either. I come from archery and if you want to know what controlling recoil is about shoot a bow. Rifles are piss easy to shoot in comparison. Recoil on a 6.5 x 55 is sweet. on a springer......OMG

OK...You don't need a tank in the field but you have to break position to re-cock with an under lever or a break barrel - or even side lever. If you are not a calm individual, a second back up shot is probably going to be a slow affair. I have 2 bottles and I don't think I have ever run out of air hunting if it wasn't seal related. But springer's have seals too. Both have issues like crushing fingers or slicing them off and banana barrels or the cylinder expanding at a thoroughly indecent rate. But I respect 200 Bar than I do something of a BSA Bantum

I have shot tuned kit, The AA TX SR isn't bad for a dino, but none has ever made me want to put my hand in my pocket and spend money.

I sort of joke about it but deep in my heart, I have no flame at all for springer's.

Old technology old methods old old old.

Yuk.......

Yep.....I don't like springer's.

There are of course as many crocks in the PCP world as there are gems as I am sure there are with spring guns but they are just so far down the evolutionary scale
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    If I could point to one very specific thing I dislike about springer's I would probably describe it as "Everything".
    Its a sweeping statement about a whole raft of guns all of which are rubbishand it is a statement that is correct.
    I just hate them. They are dinosaurs and they kick like mules. I shoot centre fires that shoot more pleasantly.
    I don't like them. Never have. Never will.
    Of course, that is totally subjective. I never bought into the it makes you a better shooter crap either. I come from archery and if you want to know what controlling recoil is about shoot a bow. Rifles are piss easy to shoot in comparison. Recoil on a 6.5 x 55 is sweet. on a springer......OMG

OK...You don't need a tank in the field but you have to break position to re-cock with an under lever or a break barrel - or even side lever. If you are not a calm individual, a second back up shot is probably going to be a slow affair. I have 2 bottles and I don't think I have ever run out of air hunting if it wasn't seal related. But springer's have seals too. Both have issues like crushing fingers or slicing them off and banana barrels or the cylinder expanding at a thoroughly indecent rate. But I respect 200 Bar than I do something of a BSA Bantum

I have shot tuned kit, The AA TX SR isn't bad for a dino, but none has ever made me want to put my hand in my pocket and spend money.

I sort of joke about it but deep in my heart, I have no flame at all for springer's.

Old technology old methods old old old.

Yuk.......

Yep.....I don't like springer's.

There are of course as many crocks in the PCP world as there are gems as I am sure there are with spring guns but they are just so far down the evolutionary scale
    On the evolutionary scale the Pneumatic came first but i note your points.
    For me however, a second shot on a critter, should i need to take one once caused me the most problem with PCP...it was an unsual circumstance but i had not considered my last cycle in the magazine when i took the shot ....dumb oversight but a real struggle refilling the mag and re- cycling....compared to the 2 to 3 seconds it takes me to swing that barrel, load and return it ..
    I take your point regarding altering position but even here with a PCP it still requires bringing up on aim.
    Ultimately its that bringing up on aim that counts.
    Its interesting but recently we have had 3 club members bettering PCP shooters with TX springers..tuned of course ...and not a bottle in sight ...
    I take some of your points.
    Last edited by clarky; 02-01-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Whats quickest ?

Fire 10 shots on target with a Rapid 7 (only using the 7 shot mag ) or a BB eg LGV,80,Sport .

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    ​.
    Hmmmm ... Well as a change is as good as a rest, and as most of the modern guns which hit my cabinets are treated as being transient additions, ergo just passing through in the same way as my cars do (but not my motorbikes), and as this thread has REALLY whetted my appetite for an LGV, think I may be offering my .177 Century up for sale, soon, so if a Century could be a bit of you, please watch this space (as they say). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ​.
    Hmmmm ... Well as a change is as good as a rest, and as most of the modern guns which hit my cabinets are treated as being transient additions, ergo just passing through in the same way as my cars do (but not my motorbikes), and as this thread has REALLY whetted my appetite for an LGV, think I may be offering my .177 Century up for sale, soon, so if a Century could be a bit of you, please watch this space (as they say). Atb: G.
    I'm sure you will prefer the 25mm LGV over the Century.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post

I'm sure you will prefer the 25mm LGV over the Century.
    Cheers. It was actually your last post on the other LGV thread currently running which finally swayed me to entertain the up-grade (for I believe that is what it will be), along with a bi-annual desire for changing my modern shooters, as for me, that is part of what keeps me going sometimes lol.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Cheers. It was actually your last post on the other LGV thread currently running which finally swayed me to entertain the up-grade (for I believe that is what it will be), along with a bi-annual desire for changing my modern shooters, as for me, that is part of what keeps me going sometimes lol.
    Think you will like it mate Which is all I was saying at the Beginning before all the Bullshit
    I have ( and have had ) a lot of guns and MY lgv is the smoothest and most accurate of them all what more do you need ?

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Think you will like it mate Which is all I was saying at the Beginning before all the Bullshit
    I have ( and have had ) a lot of guns and MY lgv is the smoothest and most accurate of them all what more do you need ?
    A PCP
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    A PCP
    What makes you think I only have Springers

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post

Cheers Mally, I will probably get the ball rolling at the end of the month after January's pay day.

​.

Now listed in the air guns for sale section.

Now listed in the air guns for sale section.
    Good luck with the sale. I'm picking up my first LGV this weekend

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Good luck with the sale. I'm picking up my first LGV this weekend
    I hope you like it, very much enjoy mine in .177.
    Good deals with these members