Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
Does it definitely have to be PCP James .
Some lightweight CO2 pistols may be an option
Sorry Alan, missed your post - Yep, definitely sticking to PCP :thumbsup

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
Ah, finding a sight rail might not be as easy as I thought then...

Multishot! You'll want to buy her an LP50 Compact, then... this is getting a bit heavier, and more expensive.

This chap has made rails for the LP50: http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wt...l-for-red-dot/

OK, he's in the USA, but I can't see it costing more than 50 or 60 quid to have a short bit of rail made up for a Steyr pistol - if indeed that's what the lady wants?

edit: LP50 Compact, 983g plus sight & rail: http://www.steyr-sport.com/en/steyr-lp-50-compact

If one can't be bought off the shelf, I'd ask AJP or Shaun @ ISP about the rail.
Yea, we are getting way beyond a grand £ limit now! If the guy in the USA was in the UK and done them for Steyrs I could pick up here second hand (probably forget the multi shot due to price) then this would be a real contender, but I don't want to go and start ordering custom fit items as I don't even have a gun yet - which is a chicken and an egg situation

Quote Originally Posted by Exfelix View Post
I have an Air Arms Alpha Proj PCP target pistol with an ambi grip which weighs 900gm without the removable barrel weight and 1.05kgm with it attached. It also has an 11mm rail as an integral part of the barrel. The rail takes a red-dot sight - the one I use at present (when not competing) is a Hawke Sport Dot. At 10metres it is as accurate as my Benelli Kite. I used to live close to Bisley, and the pistol was my first choice in the BFTO competitions. However, I now live in Bournemouth, and the pistol has seen little use since I moved, and is in perfect condition. If you would like more details please pm me.
Regards, David
Thanks David, your a bit far away and the gun is a bit low on power as it will be used on an outdoor HFT style range to about 15m, so around 5fpe is where I want it to be at just to keep up with my other pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
The Hammerli AP20 is 900g and with the cylinder in the "vertical" position it carries the weight near the grip making it appear lighter. You can buy Picatiny rails which clamp to the exposed barrel. It may affect the accuracy but not much. I realise you said you wanted a 11mm rail but red dot sights are available with picatiny rail mounts.
Thanks, not one I had picked up on - but I would not attach a sight to a barrel so this would rule it out.

Thanks for all the ideas guys, there does not appear to be a lightweight (under 1kg) target PCP out there that is able to take a dovetail/weaver mounted sight in the UK - which I find really strange, but obviously there is just not the demand for it? To add to my issues she is also a lefty, and as a woman would need a small grip, so I guess I'm just going to keep an eye out on the classifieds and give up actively looking at this point as I don't see it happening.

Thanks again

James