Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight target PCP pistol with dovetail?

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Does it definitely have to be PCP James .
    Some lightweight CO2 pistols may be an option
    Sorry Alan, missed your post - Yep, definitely sticking to PCP :thumbsup

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Ah, finding a sight rail might not be as easy as I thought then...

Multishot! You'll want to buy her an LP50 Compact, then... this is getting a bit heavier, and more expensive.

This chap has made rails for the LP50: http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wt...l-for-red-dot/

OK, he's in the USA, but I can't see it costing more than 50 or 60 quid to have a short bit of rail made up for a Steyr pistol - if indeed that's what the lady wants?

edit: LP50 Compact, 983g plus sight & rail: http://www.steyr-sport.com/en/steyr-lp-50-compact

If one can't be bought off the shelf, I'd ask AJP or Shaun @ ISP about the rail.
    Yea, we are getting way beyond a grand £ limit now! If the guy in the USA was in the UK and done them for Steyrs I could pick up here second hand (probably forget the multi shot due to price) then this would be a real contender, but I don't want to go and start ordering custom fit items as I don't even have a gun yet - which is a chicken and an egg situation

Quote Originally Posted by Exfelix View Post
    I have an Air Arms Alpha Proj PCP target pistol with an ambi grip which weighs 900gm without the removable barrel weight and 1.05kgm with it attached. It also has an 11mm rail as an integral part of the barrel. The rail takes a red-dot sight - the one I use at present (when not competing) is a Hawke Sport Dot. At 10metres it is as accurate as my Benelli Kite. I used to live close to Bisley, and the pistol was my first choice in the BFTO competitions. However, I now live in Bournemouth, and the pistol has seen little use since I moved, and is in perfect condition. If you would like more details please pm me.
    Regards, David
    Thanks David, your a bit far away and the gun is a bit low on power as it will be used on an outdoor HFT style range to about 15m, so around 5fpe is where I want it to be at just to keep up with my other pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    The Hammerli AP20 is 900g and with the cylinder in the "vertical" position it carries the weight near the grip making it appear lighter. You can buy Picatiny rails which clamp to the exposed barrel. It may affect the accuracy but not much. I realise you said you wanted a 11mm rail but red dot sights are available with picatiny rail mounts.
    Thanks, not one I had picked up on - but I would not attach a sight to a barrel so this would rule it out.

Thanks for all the ideas guys, there does not appear to be a lightweight (under 1kg) target PCP out there that is able to take a dovetail/weaver mounted sight in the UK - which I find really strange, but obviously there is just not the demand for it? To add to my issues she is also a lefty, and as a woman would need a small grip, so I guess I'm just going to keep an eye out on the classifieds and give up actively looking at this point as I don't see it happening.

Thanks again

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Sorry Alan, missed your post - Yep, definitely sticking to PCP
    No worries , but just to throw a curved ball .....
    Air Force one , SMK , Kandar CP1 .
    Ambi grip ,
    Cheap, depending on brand
    Light, 888. grams
    Very accurate
    Dove tail fitting for red dot
    How about one of these with a HPA conversion
    Google is your friend .
    Your wife is more than welcome to try my CO2 version .
    I've got it specially for the HFT course , roll on next fun shoot

I have a pair of genuine Steyr Weaver adaptors for the LP10 LP50 i.e. any Steyr pistol with the "squared" barrel shroud, used them ti fit a red dot on my LP10 when I had it.

Any use?

What sort of weight is the HW44 or the new Ataman Pistol

Pistol with scope rail

What about a Brocock Atomic? I think it comes in multi shot too .

No worries , but just to throw a curved ball .....
    Air Force one , SMK , Kandar CP1 .
    Ambi grip ,
    Cheap, depending on brand
    Light, 888. grams
    Very accurate
    Dove tail fitting for red dot
    How about one of these with a HPA conversion
    Google is your friend .
    Your wife is more than welcome to try my CO2 version .
    I've got it specially for the HFT course , roll on next fun shoot
    Thanks Alan

Still not the package I'm after, and although I'm not knocking CO2, I just don't want to go down that route.

What sort of weight is the HW44 or the new Ataman Pistol
    Interesting, had me Googling, the HW would be great - but it's 1.3kg, it's just too heavy for the wife to use for any length of time. The Ataman is not available in the UK yet from what I read, and the stuff I read from the states was quoting 15 shots per fill, so probably a lot higher power than our version, perhaps one to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    What about a Brocock Atomic? I think it comes in multi shot too .
    Looking for something a bit higher up the range with more shots.

Thanks for all the replies, I can't believe it's just my wife who would want this?

James

Quote Originally Posted by niloc View Post
    I have a pair of genuine Steyr Weaver adaptors for the LP10 LP50 i.e. any Steyr pistol with the "squared" barrel shroud, used them ti fit a red dot on my LP10 when I had it.

Any use?
    I'll PM for details.

Thanks

James

The Ataman is in at Blackpool.
    Their website shows Lloyd on their Facebook page .

Okay - I've decided I'm going to keep a look out for something which I can use a weaver adaptor on which I've bought from niloc. So I'm looking for something like a Steyr LP10, LP50, Evo 10 etc. - any Steyr pistol with the "squared" barrel shroud with a small left hand grip.

So if anyone has one of these drop me a PM if it's a decent price you have in mind.

Thanks

James