Thread: Lightweight target PCP pistol with dovetail?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom

Lightweight target PCP pistol with dovetail?

Hi Guys

It's not often you will find me posting in the target section, but I could do with some guidance on this:

I have a Crossman Silhouette pistol for the wife which she enjoys shooting, but weight is always an issue - the gun not her! It's around 1.2kg I think?

I'm trying to get some ideas of a light weight PCP target gun available with ambi or left hand grip which has an 11mm dovetail so she can fit a red dot scope. I know this will send shivers down the spine of several target shooters, but it will not be used for competitions, just for fun, but making it lighter will ensure it get's used more often and give her a better experience.

So if you can give me some idea of what is out there that is around a kilo or less and available in left hand with a dovetail then that would be a great help. I don't have a budge as such, but would like to keep it under a grand and buy second hand and in mint condition.

Thanks

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

The PP700w pistol maybe a good choice as most target pistols don't have a 11mmn rail although you can get rails for some of them. ambi grips can be difficult to get as well. another choice my be the airarms pistol as it comes with a ambi grip as standard and I think it may have a 11mm rail but it is much more expensive than the pp700w.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    The PP700w pistol maybe a good choice as most target pistols don't have a 11mmn rail although you can get rails for some of them. ambi grips can be difficult to get as well. another choice my be the airarms pistol as it comes with a ambi grip as standard and I think it may have a 11mm rail but it is much more expensive than the pp700w.
    Thanks, I have a P700 myself and thing it's great, especially for the money, purely looking for something light for the wife. I got her the Silhouette and sold her P700, now looking at upgrading her again as the silhouette was lighter and a good gun, but it's still not as light as I know you can get, I just need to find what's out there?

James

Still looking for inspiration!

James

You could take a look at the Air arms Alfa pro...i know its quite light....not sure if its got dovetails but it wouldnt be to difficult to use barrel bands like Pro blox.

Another crosman

Hi James, have you considered the slightly cheaper Crosman 2300t, it's not a true match pistol but extremely accurate, ambidextrous, has scope rails but also comes with a very nice LPA mim rearsight, mine with co2 capsule, open sights & trigger shoe weighs 1050g. I have shot mine with opens, red dots, & a 2x pistol scope, like I said not a true match pistol but great for plinking. I see yr not a million miles away so yr more than welcome to try it at Rivi Rifles.
    Regards John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]