Thread: Favourite threesomes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Posts 50 and 51 -very nice guns, but what are they?
    Mine on 51 say what they are. FWB 124 Mastersport, Weihrauch HW77 Mastersport Dominator and Weihrauch77 Mastersport FTS chameleon.
    Fozzy

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    Mine on 51 say what they are. FWB 124 Mastersport, Weihrauch HW77 Mastersport Dominator and Weihrauch77 Mastersport FTS chameleon.
    Fozzy

Sorry Fozzy, I didn't scroll down the page far enough. Great trio, but your gun room is not an ideal storage area.

Sorry Fozzy, I didn't scroll down the page far enough. Great trio, but your gun room is not an ideal storage area.
    Mmm, I suppose they are a bit exposed mate.
    Fozzy

Prewar Diana 58-all 3 variations

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by leh22 View Post
    Wowser!!

I reckon all three are pretty rare!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by leh22 View Post
    What great threesome. your lucky if you own just one of them.

The Three Amigos' - Well the film made I chuckle (and I dont normally like Steve Martin).
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    When I started this thread I didn't imagine how many superb examples would turn up from members' collections. Not all were threesomes, but we can forgive you for going astray a bit. Great stuff!

I just realised that I had an unusual threesome in my collection that didn't fit into any obvious pattern. The only thing that they have in common is that they were patented by famous British gunmaking companies but never actually made it to the market place. So these are really cheats, not vintage pistols at all, but modern reproductions.
    From top to bottom: Webley Whiting; BSA/Norman; Webley/Frank Clarke

Hello John,
    The Webley Whiting in particular would really have been something if it had made it into production.
    Regards
    Brian

When I started this thread I didn't imagine how many superb examples would turn up from members' collections. Not all were threesomes, but we can forgive you for going astray a bit. Great stuff!

I just realised that I had an unusual threesome in my collection that didn't fit into any obvious pattern. The only thing that they have in common is that they were patented by famous British gunmaking companies but never actually made it to the market place. So these are really cheats, not vintage pistols at all, but modern reproductions.
    From top to bottom: Webley Whiting; BSA/Norman; Webley/Frank Clarke

If you built all 3 of those you are truly talented.

Respect
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

I missed this thread when it came around first time but picked it up this evening and was both astonished and delighted to see some of the 'items' on display. There are some wonderful collections out there.

Johnbaz's, in particular, I thought was extensive and consisted of some of the best rifles available. Slightly surprised not to see any FWBs, given how popular they are here.

Given the size of many collections, I am wondering how it is possible to shoot all these rifles/pistols. I suppose the answer is that many are never shot. My collection - which I am building since I discovered this site and have been learning something of the various models and makes and their characteristics - is still in single figures but I am, at least, using the constituents at various ranges and with various pellets and discovering their strengths and weaknesses.

I wonder what the various collectors regard as their favourite rifles/pistols and why?

Abasmajor and Binners, if you read this and you are ever are in these parts - I am not so far from both of you - do drop in and bring some of your favourite items. I have plenty of space here and the warmer weather encourages shooting outdoors.