Thread: New Club - The Barbarians HFT Club

Smile New Club - The Barbarians HFT Club

Welcome to 2018 – and welcome to a brand new airgun club, The Barbarians HFT Club!

Covering southern Hampshire and the surrounding areas (including Dorset and West Sussex), this new club is all about:

· Having fun! (safely, of course). It’s very, very important that each member really enjoys their shooting activities
    · Offering members access to a wide range of leagues and competitions that may not currently be available to them
    · It is a club run by its members for the benefit of its members, with no place for any dictatorial or overly-prescriptive rules
    · It is most definitely NOT “Nick’s Airgun Club”, nor will The Barbarians HFT Club be “run like a business”!
    · Whilst primarily catering for HFT shooters, the Barbarians HFT Club also welcomes FT shooters as members
    · What rules and regulations there are will be kept to an absolute minimum and agreed by the club members, and we promise that there will be no silly by-laws or restrictions

Consistent with the ethos behind the world-famous Barbarians Rugby Club whose players are drawn from other rugby clubs, members of the Barbarians HFT Club will very likely (but not necessarily) also be members of other airgun clubs as well. If you are a member of another club, that’s totally cool – becoming a member of The Barbarians as well is all about giving you choice and opening up additional shooting opportunities for you.

We’ll be meeting up on Saturday 20 January to discuss in more detail the structure of the Barbarians HFT Club and give people the opportunity to put their names forward as potential committee members. If you’re interested in joining or would like to know more, just drop me a PM or message me through Facebook

Good luck with the new club Nick!

Where is the new ground located and what kind of terrain do you have to play with?

Steb
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Thanks, Steb

We've got a couple of options re: shooting grounds, and this will be one of the things we'll be looking at on January 20

A quick heads-up to let everyone who's been in touch regarding joining know that there's been a very slight change of date for the first meeting of the Barbarians HFT Club – we’re now getting together on Sunday 21st January, instead of Saturday 20th. We meeting up at Café Tusk in Fareham, 24 West St, Fareham PO16 0LF. It's an Indian restaurant that does a really, really good, as-much-as-you-can-eat, help yourself buffet for very little money that a few of us have been to before.

We’re aiming to meet up at about 6.00PM there and then chat through a few details about the set-up of the new club to ensure that it works well for everyone involved - nothing heavy, just a few beers, a friendly get-together and some good nosh. The only thing that I personally am absolutely adamant about is Club Rule No. 1 - namely that there must be no silly rules!

Please let me know if you will be coming along so that I can give the restaurant an idea of numbers
    Last edited by fastnick; 04-01-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    It's an Indian restaurant that does a really, really good, as-much-as-you-can-eat, help yourself buffet for very little money that a few of us have been to before.
    Please let me know if you will be coming along so that I can give the restaurant an idea of numbers
    is that a good idea to start off with an all Nick can eat buffet when you are trying to keep on the good side of the restaurant for a club meet.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Next time I see you Mr Bennett, I have that nice CompAir trophy back

Next time I see you Mr Bennett, I have that nice CompAir trophy back
    Nick, You can't use Rex's trophy as an extra plate, have some dignaty man...
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

I'd prefer to have some (correctly-spelt) dignity

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    I'd prefer to have some (correctly-spelt) dignity

Hahahahahaha

Lets be honest Chilly , neither me , you or Nick need to be anywhere near an all you can eat buffet , well not if the place wants to stay in business !
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    excellent but I am sure it was meant to be a dinner gong, I think you'll have to pull your finger out and win a southern hunters trophy for shooting your TUTU instead
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Will pop along for a looksee
    "The Countback kid always misses peg 1"

Slight change of venue for the Barbarians get-together on 21 January - we’re now meeting up at the King Fu Chinese Buffet Restaurant in Fareham, just a few hundred yards along from Cafe Tusk in West Street - full details (in directions, postcode, etc.) are on the restaurant's WEBSITE

We’ll be kicking proceedings off at 6.00pm as planned, though the Kung Fu Restaurant is open all Sunday afternoon and so if you are feeling peckish you can always pop along a little earlier and tuck in to some absolutely first rate Chinese scoff

See you all there!

Is this a food club or a hft club only there seems to be a theme going on here re meeting venues.
    Whatever it is good luck with the new club
    AA TX200 Mk3 AA TX200 HC AA S510 Carbine Superlite BSA Mercury .22 Daystate Griffin .22 Weihrauch HW35 .22 Sheridan Blue Streak .20 another AA TX200 Mk3 ​Miroku MK38 12g INV+ Teague Browning Maxus 12g

We're a club whose members definitely know how to live well, Trev

And we're also pleased to confirm that The Barbarians HFT Club Facebook page is now up and running CLICKY