Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: valuation please??

valuation please??

Not 100% sure if this is the right place but due to the age of the gun thought I'd ask anyway.
    Mk 1 77K in .22. Was a major restore to basic spec and working condition, no tuning or fancy stuff done at all.

I fancy another toy/project but I'm not sure whether to sell or not as it took a lot of work and time to get it to where it is now, not to mention my friends efforts on the stock, but I haven't put a single pellet thru it for months since initial testing on completion then put it away in it's slip.

pics here

https://imgur.com/a/s2iYn completed pics at bottom of the page.

cheers chaps
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

10/10 for effort
    SUPPORT THE COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN OR LIVE IN THE COUNTRY YOU SUPPORT......SIMPLES

Wow !!
    You can't sell that .
    The effort put into it and the end result means it's a keeper.

well done,that was rough and probably the most corroded rifle i've ever seen,where had it been stored?outside next to the sea would be my guess.hope it shoots well,lovely job. atb

Its a pity that you probably will never recoup financially all the great effort you have put in, though I would think that was not your intention. Someone may give you a higher figure just for the story behind its restoration. I get these in all the time and a standard one goes for around £180. With your stock up to £250. What is the condition of the bore, normally the bore is not so affected due to small amounts of lubricant being atomised in it, but with an external condition like that it could be different.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Restoration or resurrection?
    Well done.

I think £100 would be plenty. The reward was in doing the work for the fun of it. That depth of damage is too deep even restored, and a lovely job you did there too. But when a fair one with less deep damage can be found for £160 then there really isn't much scope to ask more. There are loads of well used air rifles out there.

Again the value was in the challenge.

Best worth is give it away to someone you know and who would enjoy it.

Great resto job mate.
    After all the effort applied I would keep the gun.
    ATB
    Les..

I would be more worried about rusting, pitting in the bore if it was as bad as it was on the outside.
    Well done for spending time to bring it back to life .

Do people actually read previous posts on these threads ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Yep read it.
    Afraid I wouldn't want to put a value on it without knowing if the barrel was good.
    Looks like a lot of time went into the restoration, well done for taking on the project. It has tuned out well.
    I know Mick T20 did one in similar condition, there is a thread on it on the forum.

Brilliant job.
    I’ve witnessed ISP take on similar resortatons to abused pieces so I’ve no end of respect for people who have the talent to undertake such projects.
    Well done.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Many thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Surprisingly the barrel was/is fine just needing a pull thru with a cleaning brush, nothing like the exterior at all amazingly.

I totally understand the comments regarding time and effort V return and that was not my intention at all when I started, I saw it as a challenge that I really enjoyed and might make me a bit of hobby money, but if it was beyond salvation then I wouldn't have lost anything except time so please don't think I'm expecting sky high value from it, just wondered what kind of money they go for as I've not kept up to speed on second hand prices for some time now.

As I said I fancy another toy or project and basically was wondering if it's worth selling to help fund the aforementioned or if there are so many of them out there I may as well keep it.

TBH I've never been a big HW fan as I find them on the heavy side so apart from the "sentimental" value and the experience of working on it I have no great attachment to it per se. More of BSA man myself.......
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

Priceless to me! Along these lines but much better https://imgur.com/a/tCpjA

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Priceless to me! Along these lines but much better https://imgur.com/a/tCpjA
    Two fantastic resurrections ! Hi deejayvuu, a little off topic, I am very interested in your hot bluing technique. Could you possibly divulge your methods & recipe? in particular at what stage do you add the green beans to the mixture? or are they there because the bluing salts add extra flavour? [photo no 16] but seriously I am interested, perhaps you may have done this on a previous post that I have missed? best regards Al