Thread: BB guns and accuracy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BB guns and accuracy

I sometimes smile when people complain about bad grouping at 10-15 yards.

If they had ever used real handguns, they would realise that, for most people, BB guns will give you better groups than semi-automatic firearms.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Really?

A decent service pistol should, in the right hands, group into 2-4" at 25 metres. A dedicated target pistol can easily be capable of grouping in less than inch at that distance.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I got about 4" @ 20 yards from a basic black powder revolver with quite a soft load (still around 400 FP though)

I have no idea if that's good or bad, but my limitex experience of BB guns is they are worse - and not half as much fun
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I got about 4" @ 20 yards from a basic black powder revolver with quite a soft load (still around 400 FP though)

I have no idea if that's good or bad, but my limitex experience of BB guns is they are worse - and not half as much fun
    Some are, some aren't- it depends on the gun, & what brand of BBs you use, as not all BBs are of equal quality.

FBI instructor qualification accuracy requirements

https://chiefweems.files.wordpress.c...eye-course.pdf

From memory, the 9-ring is 4 or 5 inches, the 10-ring is 3". At 25 yards.

A colleague of a mate at the Bureau qualified with a Glock 22, and all ten rounds touched at the 25 yard stage. He kept the target on his wall as a trophy.

From memory, despite what the link says (200) the real passing score for instructor was 260 one handed, 280 two-handed.

Bb guns can be capable of very good accuracy, especially over short ranges. The thing is that they're made to a low price point as the majority are bought as starter guns just for shooting cans.
    I'd love to see more spring powered bb rifles in the UK but I guess there's just no market for them.