Well, I haven't owned a BSA Boinger for years.

My first "proper" rifle after my Hungarian initiation was a Super Meteor. That little gun taught me how to shoot and bagged a fair few bunnies and many rats.

A blonde, slabby Mercury was my one and only gun for a few years afterwards and put plenty of meat in the pot.

I later also owned a Challenger and Supersport briefly and a slabby Airsporter and a Stutzen (even more briefly).

Well, today the freebie Supersport arrived.

Once I got home and walked and fed the Bremby Dog I went and grabbed the 'Sport. The Mrs was out so a quick initial plink was on.

The rifle has been "customised" somewhat. It has areas of stippling around the pistol grip and forend areas. And a white spacer and dark wood cap at the bottom of the pistol grip, which is screwed on. There's a hole in the butt section where a sling swivel has lived at some point. No rear sight and the front of the foresight has been broken off. On the barrel, just forward of the Piled Arms logo, there are some concentric marks, so guessing it's had a silencer. The rifle cocks very smoothly and the aroma of moly grease was evident; this gun's been fettled at some point. Finish on cylinder 6/10. Barrel 4/10. But, I like this patina of age and previous use, lending the gun an air of true working gun.

There's a scope atop, on two piece mounts with arrestor block. And I LOVE the scope. I've always got on with Nikkos. It's a 4x32 Special in Gloss Black, made in Japan. The reticle reminds me of the BSA 4x20 scope my old Super Meteor wore, with a horizontal line and a central post with point atop.

Got the Argos catalogue out down the hallway. Firstly at three yards, just to make sure the scope was somewhere near. It was. So, moved back to eight yards. Using Accupells, seven or eight shots straight down the same hole, about 5mm below the aimpoint. No twang. Moves a little but relatively mild mannered.

The dog's barking and needs to go out again.

Oh, yes, forgot to mention, it wears an obviously after-market / home made trigger blade. Trigger action not too shabby.

Yes, Pete, I'M LOVING THIS ALREADY.

Will be back on shortly after doggie walk (hopefully) and, Yep, remind me to mention the cocking link......