Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edgun Leishy

Edgun Leishy

OK,

Who amongst you would spend the money on a Leishy.

Sub 12 or FAC would you spend that much on a single shot rifle.

???????

Is it a good product a the wrong price point?

Is the reasonably unique and ultra compact design worth the extra buck???

What are your thoughts.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    OK,

Who amongst you would spend the money on a Leishy.

Sub 12 or FAC would you spend that much on a single shot rifle.

???????

Is it a good product a the wrong price point?

Is the reasonably unique and ultra compact design worth the extra buck???

What are your thoughts.
    Lovely, adaptable little thing but far too light for me personally.
    Anything I can’t deal with at sub 12 gets the .22 short, or whatever else I see fit to use.
    So I’d stick to a .22/12 fpe FN12 at £250 and spend the rest of the money on women, drink and drugs.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Lovely, adaptable little thing but far too light for me personally.
    Anything I can’t deal with at sub 12 gets the .22 short, or whatever else I see fit to use.
    So I’d stick to a .22/12 fpe FN12 at £250 and spend the rest of the money on women, drink and drugs.
    Just like Georgie Best. I spent my money on women fags and booze. The rest I squandered..

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Well I bought the .22 from BAR. It is mad money but it is very nicely made, very accurate, amazingly compact, a clever piece of engineering and currently unique... I think it was well worth it. I get a lot of pleasure from looking and touching as well as shooting it... oooh errr
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

A man on here whose opinion I value thinks the Edgun Leshiy is absolutely superb and from what I've seen I think he has a point. I have owned a Matador which was absolutely lovely and only got sold because the magazines stuck in my face (I am left handed, the stock is ambi so no problem there but the magazines are not symmetrically located so don't suit me.) In fact if I could finds an Edgun Matador in FAC but single shot I'd buy it.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 03-01-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Just like Georgie Best. I spent my money on women fags and booze. The rest I squandered..
    Brilliant
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Leshy

Shot one a month ago, solidly built, seems accurate but scope was only 6x mag. It was a non anti tamper .22 import. I shot it first at 12ft lb and then the owner turned it up to 24ft lb. I would say way over priced but definitely different. Would you still like it once the novelty value has worn off?
    mk2 rapid.22

Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    Shot one a month ago, solidly built, seems accurate but scope was only 6x mag. It was a non anti tamper .22 import. I shot it first at 12ft lb and then the owner turned it up to 24ft lb. I would say way over priced but definitely different. Would you still like it once the novelty value has worn off?
    I don't view it as a novelty. It is light weight and being a folder it is ultra compact especially if your into urban pest control and ease of transportation is key. I would consider an adjustable FAC version in .22 go low on power for close stuff and crank it up to flatten out the traj for longer ranges as to me, .22 generally only makes sense in FAC output. Low power barn clearance in .22 or .25 is good but even more niche than usual. I would probably switch between dome and hollows depending on the work/range/quarry.

The ONLY thing that puts me off is the single shot thing and even then, its having to break position with a lot of movement and a slow 2nd back up shot. If its super accurate and 1 shot 1 drop is defacto then I would be happier

If they did a mag version then game on.

I kind of view this more of a pest control tool for me but I can get a really good price on them so its something I am considering as in the UK I think the price is a bit bonkers.

It is however really quirky too and I kind of have a good feeling about this rifle.

I would go for an FAC FX Impact with multi cal barrels but far to many issues at the moment so its not going to happen until they matter is smoothed out.

I’ve fancied one for a while now but am struggling to justify the cost realy struggling.

It looks nice but when in the shoulder you have to break position to reload then get back on target stops me I might as well buy a good springer.

As to EDguns other Rifles I’m in love with all of them but yet again the cost and the fact that it is easier to buy a pound of Crack (figuratively speaking ) than one.

If EDgun partnered up with a large producer I’m sure his rifles would fly if the shelf faster thank flying rats when they hear the soft sigh of a moderated rifle firing. Also maybe a bit cheaper.

I think alot of us did that in our mis-spent youth
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Beautifully engineered, but personally i think it is just a 'one shot' novelty.

I think its appeal is more about the 'flourish' of using it, than the practicality of its function - and (as someone else said earlier) if i'm going to moving around that much to reload for another shot - then i'd rather have one of my springers.

I have one. The folding design, full power and quiet is what sold me on it. Fits in a very small daysack, very unobtrusive and wouldn't draw any attention like a conventional gun bag or case if that is a requirement. Very accurate for such a small & lightweight gun and built like a tank, just looking at it in the flesh you can see it is a quality engineered piece of kit. Price wise, you pays your money !!!!!!!! I think a lot of PCP rifles have been overpriced over the last few years to the point where several are over the £1000 mark and more now. The only down side for me on the Leshiy is it's trigger, it really should be better.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    I have one. The folding design, full power and quiet is what sold me on it. Fits in a very small daysack, very unobtrusive and wouldn't draw any attention like a conventional gun bag or case if that is a requirement. Very accurate for such a small & lightweight gun and built like a tank, just looking at it in the flesh you can see it is a quality engineered piece of kit. Price wise, you pays your money !!!!!!!! I think a lot of PCP rifles have been overpriced over the last few years to the point where several are over the £1000 mark and more now. The only down side for me on the Leshiy is it's trigger, it really should be better.

John
    Would it make a good HFT rifle ???

Would it make a good HFT rifle ???
    Probably not. But I'm not too familiar with the rules. I have a forward mounted fold down/up vertical grip on mine which makes it much more stable in the firing position (are these allowed in HFT). It certainly holds a group out to 40 yards plus but does take some trigger technique as this is the guns Achilles heel in my opinion, you pretty much either have to develope a 'snatch' method, as soon as the crosshair gets to where you want it, or hold on target & squeeze until it breaks. Mine shoots cloverleaf groups in the garden at 30 yards with JSB's but the trigger does take some getting used to.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

I dont see why it could not but the rub for me would be the trigger. 1000 plus for a trigger you have to snatch....come on.....

If I was paying 350....ok....I get there is issue re quality and function Vs profit but this isnt like that at all. And a shit trigger is simply unforgiveable.

Method of cocking should not be a specific issue but i guess...in terms of having to break position....5hats a bummer thing to have to do