Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New airgun pet hates - What would you change?

New airgun pet hates - What would you change?

Three things really bother me and perhaps others feel similarly in respect of these, or other airguns?

1) Air Arms Pro Sport should be fitted with a blued steel underlever - we can engineer Formula 1 racing cars and jet fighters, so a steel underlever is not beyond the realms of possibility, besides the Pro Sport is so heavy what difference would a few more ounces make.

2) Falcon FN Lighthunter rifles are reintroduced - the demise of which is a crime against humanity that needs to be redressed.

3) No airgun would be manufactured or retrofitted with brass, gold plated, or gold anodised trigger, or trigger guard and only blued steel or black anodised versions would be permitted - let's maintain standards with a bling-free sport.

All of the above would be backed by primary legislation and enforced through capital punishment.

Someone tell me I'm wrong?

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Air rifles to be reasonably priced for one! Oh, and a factory left handed or ambi Prosport, please

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Yes I agree with the above, the ProSport lever should also feature some radiusing so its not so damn square.

STOP the horrible flared swoopy stocks on springers, with the stock undescoop and too much pistol grip. The Mercury-S was great, the Original Diana 45 was elegant, the old school HW50 got it spot on with the hog's back, Walthers and the new Weihrauchs are awful, and Weihrauch should be spanked and sent to bed for engraving its name in the stock. Awful.

SILENCERS AND MODERATORS aside from built in like ProSport and others are awful. All rifles should have fittings for open,
    preferably aperture sights and interchangeable fore-sights. How could the Garand and SMLE be fitted with peeps and they're too dear for springers? Sad.

Any kind of trigger that is rounded. They need to be square-faced like hammers.

They are all pretty awful and I only really like older guns.

Ambi stocks with double cheekpieces are abominations. Whats wrong with no cheekpieces and simply a high comb for left or right, like an Original Diana 45? Or an M16 for that matter? Nothing, that's what.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    All as above, plus the guy who glues on the BSA butt pads to sober up so he doesn't have the shakes so he can STOP splattering glue EVERYWHERE when doing the very simplest of gun smithing tasks (please ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I'd like to ban SMK from selling 32,474 different versions of the same rifle, flooding the market place with cheap Chinese crap, along with their dubious claims of "full power" and "tuned by English gunsmiths". Then I'd like to ban companies from using a defunct brand name to try and sell tat. Other than that it's all good.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartcliffer View Post
    I'd like to ban SMK from selling 32,474 different versions of the same rifle, flooding the market place with cheap Chinese crap, along with their dubious claims of "full power" and "tuned by English gunsmiths". Then I'd like to ban companies from using a defunct brand name to try and sell tat. Other than that it's all good.
    If the BBS had a 'Thumbs Up' emoji, I would click to show a minimum of one dozen of them, right here.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Those English gunsmiths - taking time out from rechambering Mannlicher-Schoener carbines and adjusting the stocks on Purdey shotguns - do not tune the SMK air-rifles, I believe they 'regulate and prepare' them.

This process involves preparation i.e. taking the cartons containing the rifles from the pallets and stacking them in regular arrays from the floor to the ceiling of the warehouse (regulating).

Weihrauch should be spanked and sent to bed for engraving its name in the stock
    I'd like to ban companies from using a defunct brand name to try and sell tat
    Now you've reminded me, they're my no.4 and no.5 pet hates.

In respect of dodgy brand name relaunches, current adverts in the gun press proclaim 'Webley & Scott proudly announces the reintroduction of our 900K shotgun range', but the advert doesn't tell you it's made in Turkey, not Birmingham!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    If the BBS had a 'Thumbs Up' emoji, I would click to show a minimum of one dozen of them, right here.
    We do ---

them silly bits of coat hanger they call a trigger.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Bullpups - where it looks like the barrel has fell out with the scope.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

The only thing that I really don't like is when you can see the barrel block (proper name?) and cocking linkage - it looks like the stock hasn't been made long enough.

All of the above.

Ambi. stocks on any rifle costing £200 plus,left or right hand options please.

The price of so called upmarket rifles like FX and Daystate. Let's be honest now, nearly 2k for a Daystate Red Wolfe, and then the worry of how much It will cost to get It repaired when the electronics start to go wrong out of warranty (which It will) Is enough to put anybody off buying one, me Included,

John
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    No airgun would be manufactured or retrofitted with brass, gold plated, or gold anodised trigger, or trigger guard and only blued steel or black anodised versions would be permitted - let's maintain standards with a bling-free sport.
    I'd like to ban companies from using a defunct brand name to try and sell tat. Other than that it's all good.
    Most of the above, but particularly these two.