Thread: Vortek tuning

Vortek tuning

Good evening all , has anyone had any experience with the Vortek tuning dual guide drop in kits?
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Yes ....works well in my hw97 but not in my 80
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Yes ....works well in my hw97 but not in my 80
    How much of a difference did it make ?
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I had one, the spring is very stiff and made the action very 'snappy'. They are top quality but to be honest its easier and just as good to send your favorite spring to tinbum and get him to make up some guides for you.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I had one, the spring is very stiff and made the action very 'snappy'. They are top quality but to be honest its easier and just as good to send your favorite spring to tinbum and get him to make up some guides for you.
    Totally agree with the Tinbum bit, I have a Vortek kit here for a Diana 34 and I can't get the rifle to cock when fitted but the other tuning kit I have is fine.

For quarter of the price you can get some decent guides made up by Nick that do just as good a job

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I've put Vortek kits in quite a number of my airguns.
    Always after a nice clean, debur, polishing and MoS2-regrease tune.
    I got excellent results, the lock time seems to be shorter - the system is little bit snappier - but due to the double tubed rear spring guide the guns shot smooth and much less noisy from system side.

High output (read FAC) kits tend to be on the upper limit of the capability of the airguns they are built for.

Vortek piston seals are relatively hard/unelastic and most of the time oversized to my findings.
    So be aware to resize or just face a run-in periode of at least one but maybe most of the time up to two full tins of pellets.

I found that the sub-12fpe kits work best in combination with an original newer type HW-seal, a V-Mach or a (resized) CustomAir/Australia-piston seal.

My final verdict:
    in anyway very much worthwile a try!

BigRuss,

I have experience of only one (1) Vortek PG2 kit - I have one in my 0.177" HW30S.

I have found it to be excellent - very consistent velocities, and nice shot-cycle.

I bought the kit from Mr. Burton (agrtuning.co.uk) - excellent service

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

I had one in a 97, ordered it direct when you couldn't get them in the UK.

Definitely snappier and an improvement in recoil etc. My one was initially a tad close to the legal limit and the advice was to leave the rifle safely cocked for a good while to get the power down.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    How much of a difference did it make ?
    Had both mine and the missus’s tuned by Tony Burton with Vortek kits. (He’s licenced by them in the UK to fit their kits)
    I did a ski-mo before and after of my 97. It’s much more manageable now, really noticeable on longer shots.

https://youtu.be/Vz7xPTaj07Q

Fine tuned her 95 with a heavier moderator after the tune and it shoots really sweet.

https://youtu.be/_U1yadFTEro

Not sure what they’re like to fit yourself but when done properly they make a big difference.

Matt.

The shot cycle is reduced by quite a bit hence the impression of being a little snappy but as everyone has reported the recoil is reduced greatly and the power has to be kept under observation for a while till it settles. The quality of the parts are outstanding though. It is not a cheap kit so do be sure that you know what you are buying.

A.G

cheers for the replies chaps