Thread: Reworked Stoeger Straight Grip Senior

Reworked? Stoeger Straight Grip Senior

Sold to me as probably reblued and I have to agree but it was superbly done on a very clean pistol, grips are flawless. I actually love the white highlights. Could not resist cause I was looking for this specific pistol to continue my collection of American imports. Reworked inside as well?, surprisingly it was hitting 520 fps with a very light trigger. Must be dieseling?

https://imgur.com/gallery/AutGh
    Last edited by 45flint; 22-01-2018 at 05:31 PM.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    That's a real beauty Steve, refinished or not. You just do not find those checkered walnut grips over here, which is a great shame as they are so much more appealing than the usual smooth ones. Not sure about the whited-in lettering though; it kind of jars as an anachronism. Still, it can be easily removed if one feels so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    That's a real beauty Steve, refinished or not. You just do not find those checkered walnut grips over here, which is a great shame as they are so much more appealing than the usual smooth ones. Not sure about the whited-in lettering though; it kind of jars as an anachronism. Still, it can be easily removed if one feels so inclined.
    Understand the English conservatism but to me the white highlights what is interesting about it’s history, really like it. Totally agree on the grips, doubt I will ever buy anything but those with wood. There is one in the Vintage Gallery that is white highlighted. What is crazy to me is it is still holding above 500 fps. Beats all my Webleys including my Premier E and Typhoon. Trigger is the best of any as well.
    Last edited by 45flint; 22-01-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Webley mk1

You would notice if it was dieseling, even if it did not smoke on firing sniff the barrel; this also good advice when buying second hand power tools!

Hi,

A lovely example of my favourite Webley air pistol, especially in ,177 calibre and fitted with those lovely wood grips.

If it has been refinished, the process obviously didn't affect the clarity of the stampings whch still look originally deep.

Would you mind sharing the No (not clear in the picture) as it would be nice to get an idea of the Ser No ranges exported to the USA.

Regards
    Brian

I like the trigger - nice target touch.

John

Quote Originally Posted by abasmajor View Post
    hi,

a lovely example of my favourite webley air pistol, especially in ,177 calibre and fitted with those lovely wood grips.

If it has been refinished, the process obviously didn't affect the clarity of the stampings whch still look originally deep.

Would you mind sharing the no (not clear in the picture) as it would be nice to get an idea of the ser no ranges exported to the usa.

Regards
    brian
    s3360

That is a beauty!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

John
    I noticed that trigger when I first looked at the gun. Small thing but I don’t see it on other pics I have looked at? Is it a possible Stoeger add or am I just seeing earlier pics than my gun?

You certainly have a knack of finding some beauties.

I have never seen a trigger like that on any UK Webleys, so must be a Stoeger thing.

Maybe it's been tuned to shoot that high, not that difficult to strip and have a look and compare to one of your other Webleys

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

John
    Hello John,

Hate those post-war Senior 'Curly' trigger blades.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    s3360
    Much appreciated.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    You certainly have a knack of finding some beauties.

I have never seen a trigger like that on any UK Webleys, so must be a Stoeger thing.

Maybe it's been tuned to shoot that high, not that difficult to strip and have a look and compare to one of your other Webleys
    I am a pretty novice mechanic so I think I’ll go by my old motto “don’t fix what’s not broken”

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Steve, another good find, you are getting a very nice collection of prewar Steoger Webleys. but as l have said before you are the right side of the pond to pick these up at very good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi Steve, another good find, you are getting a very nice collection of prewar Steoger Webleys. but as l have said before you are the right side of the pond to pick these up at very good prices.
    I’m getting my revenge from seeing all those awesome BSA’s underlevers etc pouring like rain over there. Lol, I went for six months not finding much and the holidays hit and guns are everywhere. It helps I sold a pretty rare 1908 German 32 acp for a ridiculous amount on money on an auction site, several months ago. Two guy just went at it, and ran it up to 4 times what I paid 4 years ago so I created a Airgun acquisition account and I feel I’m playing with “House” money.