Thread: Aeron ft stock for hw100

Aeron ft stock for hw100

Does anyone have any experience of these:

http://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/ultra-hw100-stock/

Looking at the potential to use my hw100 for ft and this option looks interesting, if pricey.

Not sure about the butt hook - I wonder if other hooks will fit easily.

I don't have experience with the HW100, but I have shot a few S400 / ACZ combos and own and AERON FX Streamline.

I find the butt OK, it has a certain amount of adjustability for height and distance between the jaws, it's a little basic but it actually works fine, the plate it is mounted on is alloy, so it would not take too much work to fit a different hook. The whole stock is ideal for FT and HFT, especially if you get the adjustable hamster which adds the depth you need to take sitting shots in FT. The grip is a good size and well positioned for the trigger but it has no adjustment of any sort. That said, it bolts to the underside of the stock, so again it would be an easy modification to fit a custom grip if and when you felt the need. Weight wise, they are not at heavy as they look, and I feel my FX could use a little extra weight.

There are a few S400's in the South West in ACZ stocks, most being used to very good effect, the limiting factor usually being the dreadful S400 trigger and the shooter. I shot a well sorted version a little while ago and it was excellent, easily the equal of some of my much more expensive FT rifles.

They are neat and well made stocks, there is nothing fancy about them, but they do the job well.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    I don't have experience with the HW100, but I have shot a few S400 / ACZ combos and own and AERON FX Streamline.

I find the butt OK, it has a certain amount of adjustability for height and distance between the jaws, it's a little basic but it actually works fine, the plate it is mounted on is alloy, so it would not take too much work to fit a different hook. The whole stock is ideal for FT and HFT, especially if you get the adjustable hamster which adds the depth you need to take sitting shots in FT. The grip is a good size and well positioned for the trigger but it has no adjustment of any sort. That said, it bolts to the underside of the stock, so again it would be an easy modification to fit a custom grip if and when you felt the need. Weight wise, they are not at heavy as they look, and I feel my FX could use a little extra weight.

There are a few S400's in the South West in ACZ stocks, most being used to very good effect, the limiting factor usually being the dreadful S400 trigger and the shooter. I shot a well sorted version a little while ago and it was excellent, easily the equal of some of my much more expensive FT rifles.

They are neat and well made stocks, there is nothing fancy about them, but they do the job well.

Thanks Neil.

I shoot a 100 in a wooden sporter but modded butt and cheek peice. Alloy cylinder and barrel band off.
    This stock looks very influenced by the steyr which....as you can guess from my user name...was my first FT rifle.
    It was still about a few years back...painted digital orange.
    Now the steyr stock is very flexible even allowing for cast and the palm grip is also very adjustable as is the trigger. If the ACZ is not then I would definitely want to try this stock in my shoulder before I purchased it. LOP and trigger/finger position is very important. As it is I usually shoot my 100 with my middle finger due to a trigger mod and the 100ntrigger adjustment isnt in the range I find usefull. It cant be angled or canted either.
    It looks a good basic platform but for 500 notes I would have liked an adjustable palm grip.
    Cerakote finish I would def go for. Its something I put value on and its as tough as hell if applied well. I would probably do the action and scope too if possible.
    But with some limitations I think its a try before you buy with your action in it. I would finally swap out the 100 steel cylinflder for an alloy. Adding weight where you want it if necessary
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Knockedover is offline Strength.Determination.Merciless.Forever.
    I recently fitted the HW version for a friend and also have one myself on an HFT500. The HW version is a very snug fit and, as the 500 version, very well made. Not quite Steyr levels of adjustability but more than adequate. The only 2 slight, but not too major, negatives in my eyes were the flex in the forend which is quite noticeable with a forward mounted bipod or hamster, but can be improved with a twin post hamster or mounting the bipod further back. The second is the butt pad. Functional but ugly and slippery. I added grip tape to mine which has improved the feel but it will be replaced in due course to something more adjustable and better looking.
    Great bits of kit and not horribly expensive

LookS brill

Its very much like a steyr would be a fantastic rifle I like the hw100 a lot plus you can get a few quid back from your old stock,nice hft setup,or a top dog hunting rifle...... Mmmmm

Just to emphasis the point that adjustment is pretty limited and it is all backwards and forwards, nothing side to side or rotating. I simply couldn't get a comfortable, cant-free position for my HFT500. The butt assembly is basic to the point of crude and again, I couldn't find any comfortable position for it.

Nothing wrong with the stock, I know it suits some people perfectly and the metal parts are well made, but I strongly suggest you try before you buy, and if it doesn't fit you more or less immediately make absolutely sure it has the adjustment you need.

Alan