Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collections. Upsizing or Downsizing ?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Arrgh I have got three new-to-me ones on their way, two of them 'I won't see one of those for another six years' model but its only a year or so since I decided I was done with collecting, that it was complete.

I suppose the only consolation is that re-selling them doesn't mean a huge financial loss, unlike buying cars or motorcycles or hi fi or nearly anything else...

Now I am thinking of tracking down a BSA SuperStar and maybe a Diana G80.... It's always springer rifles though, I have one PCP, one CO2 rifle and one CO2 pistol and never see the need to give them company.

I am arriving at the conclusion that the rifles I do not use on a regular basis should be moved on. So I started with my Diana 280 which is in the sales section now. I have another 2 rifles, AA Tx200 and a Hw30s which will probably go up for sale soon. That would leave me with about 9 which do get taken out quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to move a large portion of my collection on so it's not left for the wife to fathom out what to do with it at some time but starting with the lower quality ones first then moving up to the better stuff!

Yesterday I agreed to buy a Gecado mod35, I was at a friends, He tried phoning the owner with an offer on my behalf, Right after I left to pick the wife up my friend texted me to say that my offer had been accepted, Trouble was that I didn't have time to turn around and collect it!!

The chap is also doing work on my Superten (Muzzle velocity up and down and a reblack of the barrel) so i'll collect and pay for the Gecko when I go back for my S10

When the weather warms up, That's when i'm going through the gunroom, Trouble is that I hate selling my stuff

John
    Sounds like you need a table at the next 'Melbourne' John.
    Mel.

Been keep meaning to downsize for a few years, but as usual it's always upsizing. My last count up was 25 rifles and I'm sure there's a couple more lesser know cheapys tucked away somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I have over the past year sold a BSF 55 and a BSA Superstar

O.K., O.K., so I bought a Walther LGV Match and a few other odds and sods but the thought was there.
    The pain, the pain

In principle, shift the less nice of the duplicates, get rid of the ones that have I have never really bonded with, move on the stuff I have just accumulated over the years, but don't use/like. Re-invest in a smaller number of really good things, reflecting my current tastes, and in some tuning and/or refinishing for some of the rest of what remains.

In reality, probably slight growth.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    Sounds like you need a table at the next 'Melbourne' John.
    Mel.
    Hi Mel, I had thought about it but all the tables seem to go in a flash now before anyone knows!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Hi Mel, I had thought about it but all the tables seem to go in a flash now before anyone knows!!

John
    Hi there John, just keep an eye on here, it's usually announced a few weeks in advance.
    On another subject. I just looked at your photo link, the first pic is a couple of lathes the smaller one looks like a Super Adept, is the other one a Wizard? they were made by a firm up here in the N.E.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    Hi there John, just keep an eye on here, it's usually announced a few weeks in advance.
    On another subject. I just looked at your photo link, the first pic is a couple of lathes the smaller one looks like a Super Adept, is the other one a Wizard? they were made by a firm up here in the N.E.
    Hi Mel

I just bought the Super Adept, The other is a Flexispeed 7, It was made around a mile from where I live!, It's a bit larger than the Adept

John

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Hi Mel

I just bought the Super Adept, The other is a Flexispeed 7, It was made around a mile from where I live!, It's a bit larger than the Adept

John
    But have you thought about selling any air rifles John ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    But have you thought about selling any air rifles John ?
    Been thinking about it muchly John!!

John

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I've recently sold two and I'm considering selling two or three others !
    As a result of this, I've got a small collection of scopes accumulating as well !
    “An airgun or two”………

Hi Mel

John
    Hi John, I had a Flexispeed a few years since, it was more modern than that and a fair bit larger. The Wizard that I was thinking about looked like yours and were made by C. Lane from Houghton le Spring. Yours looks as though it has a broken pulley, I have one that may replace it. I'll keep it in mind for next time we meet.
    Mel.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    My collection just goes upward, sadly (though much more slowly the last few years).
    I wish I could bring myself to sell a few, but whenever I've sold an airgun I tend to bitterly regret it afterwards.
    Good deals with these members

Trimming down currently I readiness for a big buy later in the year !! The trouble is is getting to shoot them and be good at shooting them, I think it was late John Darling who said beware of the man with one gun.
    I have My - 77, 80, TX200, Air Ranger which in comparison I'm sure to some of you guys is miniscule but would be tempted to add a 35 and 97 again to my collection.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22