Thread: 1853 3 band Tower Enfield (reproduction or Original?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    3 band portugeuse
    3 band nepalese (rare one as this extracts cases after firing ) usually nepalese ones you have to roger them out due to chamber issues.
    also have a 2 bander which i think is a navy issue....all mk3 version

edit.....also a civilian 2 band sporter....off top of my head i think its a mk 2 with a safety device fitted.
    its put away as someone rebarrelled it and it just doesnt fit right.....about 1/16 of a turn lol

loiner that makes two of use with Nepalese sniders that work. I find it very nice to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    loiner that makes two of use with Nepalese sniders that work. I find it very nice to shoot.
    That's good to know - so many of these older guns are hanging on walls, or propping them up somewhere. Please tell me about your reloading. Over in Canadia we do a LOT of shooting with Sniders, since so many of them have survived military/militia service, like my three-band. With that in mind, a company called XC-Ring Sefvices, based in Spokane WA, makes a special .6002cal mould that exactly duptlicates the original Snider bullet, being somewhat squatter than a Minié-style, and lacking the hollow base, again, as per original. They are not exactly giving them away, but to get the best out of a Snider - and they can show amazing accuracy - such a bullet really is necessary. Martynm the boss, is more than welcome visitor to the Alberta shoots that you can see on Youtube

tac