Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am concerned about some Diana T06 pistons (A bit scary)

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

I am concerned about some Diana T06 pistons (A bit scary)

This is not the first time that I have seen this now, the piston stem seperating from the piston body, it is only a few but a few to many, any suggestions on a fix?

I can post more pics but this is the latest report that I have seen, have a look at the vid and see what the piston stem does some way into the vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyNX...youtu.be&t=129

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Holy crap, that looks scarey! Aren't those huge crimps on the piston front supposed to hold it in, or what keeps it from flying apart? If that happened with the rifle cocked it would fire without the trigger being pressed, extremely dangerous.

And some say HW 77 rifles are dangerous as they have no real anti bear trap

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    And some say HW 77 rifles are dangerous as they have no real anti bear trap
    Yes and some deny that no ABT is dangerous, but I won't deny something if its the truth even if its my favorite, but would like suggestions for a fix.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Yep, I did have a brief dalliance with Diana rifles, but you are right. They're shit.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yep, I did have a brief dalliance with Diana rifles, but you are right. They're shit.
    Can you be more specific and helpful ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Can you be more specific and helpful ?
    Yes, I used to think HW were the best run of the mill manufacturer, then I thought Diana offered something that the HW mark was missing.
    Then I found out Diana's are shonkily made and according to this, potentially dangerous.

Yes, I used to think HW were the best run of the mill manufacturer, then I thought Diana offered something that the HW mark was missing.
    Then I found out Diana's are shonkily made and according to this, potentially dangerous.
    LOL what is shonkily made

Yes and some deny that no ABT is dangerous, but I won't deny something if its the truth even if its my favorite, but would like suggestions for a fix.
    I bet lots of rifles don't have bear traps.And people still use them with no missing digits . its called common sense and hold the lever or barrel at all times when cocking .

I know my Relum tornado did not have one when it tried to chop my finger off with the barrel and the under lever . That was my fault ,I screwed up . I hit the trigger when closing the underlever . my finger should not have been near the trigger and the safety catch on (if it had one ,was so long ago).

Imagine cocking that RWS 48 and it then lets go AFTER you have closed the side lever ? would a beartrap stop it firing?

Dodgy sears( yes it was only a small batch ) And now a latch rod that falls out of the piston (possibly only a small batch) ,They still got passed the QC .

I would rather have a HW77 with a flimsy bear trap than a rifle that could go off with out pulling the trigger . Wouldn't you ?

i would be looking to get a new one that did not fall apart rather than bodge a fix that could fail at any time

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I bet lots of rifles don't have bear traps.And people still use them with no missing digits . its called common sense and hold the lever or barrel at all times when cocking .

I know my Relum tornado did not have one when it tried to chop my finger off with the barrel and the under lever . That was my fault ,I screwed up . I hit the trigger when closing the underlever . my finger should not have been near the trigger and the safety catch on (if it had one ,was so long ago).

Imagine cocking that RWS 48 and it then lets go AFTER you have closed the side lever ? would a beartrap stop it firing?

Dodgy sears( yes it was only a small batch ) And now a latch rod that falls out of the piston (possibly only a small batch) ,They still got passed the QC .

I would rather have a HW77 with a flimsy bear trap than a rifle that could go off with out pulling the trigger . Wouldn't you ?

i would be looking to get a new one that did not fall apart rather than bodge a fix that could fail at any time
    Two wrongs don't make a right

There is a solution Diana could use their old set up

but I just thought you guys might have some suggestions for the new owners

Two wrongs don't make a right

There is a solution Diana could use their old set up

but I just thought you guys might have some suggestions for the new owners
    Don't buy one until the they have found out how many are affected and they have fixed the issue would be my suggestion.
    And if they suspect their rifle could have the potentially unsafe piston ,take it back to the shop and have it inspected but until Diana admit there may be an issue ,the dealers may not look at them.
    Thats if the owners that have found issues ,have told Dian there is an issue
    Last edited by bighit; 06-01-2018 at 12:23 AM.

LOL what is shonkily made
    Dianas!

Dianas!
    Say it aint so

Dianas!
    So its woo woo

The only Diana I've ever opened up was a 20 year old 48. The piston rod wobbled around freely, but didn't pull out. I assume it was just about ready to let go. At least the bear trap would save your fingers/thumb.