Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diana 34s

Carbines were out before 88,as I say the 34 C was around in 84.The "C" meaning compact barrel & dont forget the 45 TO1 was stamped 45 running along side the 34 & remaing real 45's.

The 38 was the top spec 34 in 86 which is even more confusing since it was listed as also available with special Beech stock which would make it a 36

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Having not long picked up the ultra carbine 34SM this seems an ideal handling weapon and my early sessions with it indicates accuracy is all there despite what looks to.be no longer than a 250mm barrel.
    Did you buy your 34SM from City Air Weapons in Solihull?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Did you buy your 34SM from City Air Weapons in Solihull?

Pete
    That's a distinct possibility

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    Carbines were out before 88,as I say the 34 C was around in 84.The "C" meaning compact barrel & dont forget the 45 TO1 was stamped 45 running along side the 34 & remaing real 45's.

The 38 was the top spec 34 in 86 which is even more confusing since it was listed as also available with special Beech stock which would make it a 36
    Encyclopedic knowledge there fella fair play. And yes confusing is an understatement with Diana. It would make your head spin actually.
    I think I have one of the early magazine test articles on the 38 upstairs somewhere and I recall it being said that stocks was walnut but even though in a magazine pictures I could see what they had on test was beech. As such almost every 38 I have ever seen (aside of those across the pond) have always been beech. There's one over on the site that's free to advertise on at the moment actually.
    I do recall that the article where the 38 was tested revealed its ample power potential as the test gun.in .177 was extremely close to the limit.
    I've also always felt that the 45 would have benefited from having a factory carbine option and its a shame Diana never saw it themselves. Adding a moderator makes the 45s very.ungainly...

Diana Model 34S

My example was bought in Feb 1990. I've just found the guarantee card. I've also found an article in September 1989 edition of Airgunner magazine. The relevant section states "- - - -M&G have now come up with yet another Model - the Firebird 34S - in an attempt to win over first-time buyers. The 34S is a hybrid - and what Diana have done is to take their solid, hard-hitting Model 34 action and slot it into the classy, more man-sized Model 38 stock". Hope this makes the picture a bit clearer.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Im enjoying this thread, lads. Can I ask what trigger your 34's have and are there open sights on the model?

I had my eye on that one- looks a cracker. Glad it went to a good home.
    Always wondered what length of barrel was on the SM. Now I know.

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    My example was bought in Feb 1990. I've just found the guarantee card. I've also found an article in September 1989 edition of Airgunner magazine. The relevant section states "- - - -M&G have now come up with yet another Model - the Firebird 34S - in an attempt to win over first-time buyers. The 34S is a hybrid - and what Diana have done is to take their solid, hard-hitting Model 34 action and slot it into the classy, more man-sized Model 38 stock". Hope this makes the picture a bit clearer.
    Good find, what we need is a pic of the various models now.

Good job it was up for sale at Christmas otherwise you'd have missed out on that beauty.

I was very tempted but just couldn't justify it (I have my eye on other rifles) but if I had had the spare cash then it would have been added to the collection, lovely bit of beech on it if I remember correctly

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Good job it was up for sale at Christmas otherwise you'd have missed out on that beauty.

I was very tempted but just couldn't justify it (I have my eye on other rifles) but if I had had the spare cash then it would have been added to the collection, lovely bit of beech on it if I remember correctly

Pete
    Good job it was up for sale at Christmas or you both would have missed out...
    Lovely bit of beech on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Good job it was up for sale at Christmas or you both would have missed out...
    Lovely bit of beech on her.
    It was up for sale for at least a couple of weeks when I saw it, I kept clicking on and having a look but I was also in the process of buying a BSA Supersport Custom, which I had been after one of those for nearly 17 years and as I'm more of a BSA man the Supersport meant more to me.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Which is basically what this is minus the.firebird medallion. Its a good solid.hunting platform..

Im enjoying this thread, lads. Can I ask what trigger your 34's have and are there open sights on the model?
    The older 34 I have here has the T05 trigger. I'm guessing that's what it is as I'm fine working my way around the power.plant but I dont know the triggers too well.other than the three ball triggers and the T01s on.the 45/ later 50s. Its the unitised one that comes out in one piece that much I do know. Predictably its plastic....

I had my eye on that one- looks a cracker. Glad it went to a good home.
    Always wondered what length of barrel was on the SM. Now I know.
    Its keeping good company here in the Diana section of the gun rack. Next to the 34s (I feel confident describing it as such.after all these helpful replies).

Pete
    Yes the stock is well figured Pete. Bit.more than the usual actually. I had a father and son road trip up to the Midlands to pick it up the Saturday before xmas. I must say that.I had a smashing welcome from the shop lads there who I think were father and son. They certainly have some quality second hand guns there as well as the usual new stuff.