Quote Originally Posted by pelletcaster View Post
Hi,
my 2-Cents based on the comment of Geezer
Cheers. No experience of new ones. I last bought a new springer in around 1993. If you want an HW35, for example, you can either pay £300 or so for a new one, or half or two-thirds that for an old one with better finish and nice walnut, that has worn in over the years, or been tuned at some point, or will still cost less if you get a professional tune. And it will hold its value, unlike the new one.

Nothing really novel has been offered since (being generous) the TX200SR and Park RH91, being less generous the TX200, being ungenerous the HW80 or FWB Sport (honourable mention: Theoben Sirocco in 1982).

PCP, I guess it's different, in that current PCPs are I suppose better than older ones (I know sod all about PCPs, having never owned one). Even then, I wonder if a new R10 (say) is actually a better buy than an old R7, Skan, Titan....

No experience of the Umarex Walthers. I probably ought to get one sometime to allow me to form a vaguely-informed opinion.

Until that point comes, I am confident that you cannot buy anything now that is better than (for example) a raised-rail 85, Webley short-stroke Tommie or standard 'bow, or sorted FWB124/7. Walthers aside, I'd rather have a BSF 70 or a Webley Omega than current break-barrel offerings. But I'm probably weird.