Thread: Break barrel springers - what to shortlist?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Probably best rifle below/ around £200 currently-
    I seem to be forming an opinion nicer in 22 .......or 22 barrels not pellet fussy
    Looks good as well:

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Probably best rifle below/ around £200 currently-
    I seem to be forming an opinion nicer in 22 .......or 22 barrels not pellet fussy
    Quote Originally Posted by vestlenning View Post
    Looks good as well:

Well you won't get one of those for under £200.

The Cometa Fusion Premier is around the £350 mark.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I had one of those for a While , Really nice accurate gun

Looks good as well:

Where you just lucky with that stock as the grain pattern on it is amazing or did you pay extra for a better grade, as the photo's on the website you linked too seem a bit bland compared to yours (still pretty nice compared to some makers walnut).

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

If you don't want to spend a lot, with the same amount of tinkering as a new hw, I'd seriously consider a Remington express, wood stock in .177. My new hw95 needed a lot of work to get twang free and I now no longer own where as my rimmy is my main springer hunter. Couldn't wait to get rid of my grinding 99.

Have to say I like the size and feel of the HW99 when it's not gauling .
    My favourite sub £200 has to be the Walther Terrus.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Have to say I like the size and feel of the HW99 when it's not gauling .
    My favourite sub £200 has to be the Walther Terrus.
    If i could get past the poorly made internals I would agree with you Alan re the Terrus. Somehow Ive owned and moved on three in both calibre's and different stocks...I've really wanted to like but I've had many chinese and turkish rifles better made inside, much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    If i could get past the poorly made internals I would agree with you Alan re the Terrus. Somehow Ive owned and moved on three in both calibre's and different stocks...I've really wanted to like but I've had many chinese and turkish rifles better made inside, much cheaper.
    Same here ! I went to buy one but was put off by the Gunsmith (well respected tuner ) He told me that the trerrus was made in the far east and rebadged as walther
    Nothing wrong with that in theory as Fender, Gibson , PRS in fact everybody in the guitar world does this but with something as reasonably priced as an air rifle I would rather have the real thing

TBH I shot one and it was lovely I just got put off it ! would rather have it than the 99 I had though

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Same here ! I went to buy one but was put off by the Gunsmith (well respected tuner ) He told me that the trerrus was made in the far east and rebadged as walther
    Nothing wrong with that in theory as Fender, Gibson , PRS in fact everybody in the guitar world does this but with something as reasonably priced as an air rifle I would rather have the real thing

TBH I shot one and it was lovely I just got put off it ! would rather have it than the 99 I had though
    Strange you should mention such a thing as I was told many years ago by a well known tuner that he recons Diana parts are made in China as the quality of finish on them had gone right down hill.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Where you just lucky with that stock as the grain pattern on it is amazing or did you pay extra for a better grade, as the photo's on the website you linked too seem a bit bland compared to yours (still pretty nice compared to some makers walnut).
    It's a "standard" Fenix 400 Premier, but I have refinished the stock with boiled linseed oil.
    Last edited by vestlenning; 14-01-2018 at 10:19 PM.