Thread: Your top ten air pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Not sure that 10 is enough!- I'll do my best

1) The king- Crosman 2240. A hobby within a hobby. I defy anyone to say 'It's finished'

2) Crosman 600- nothing more to say- anyone into airpistols MUST HAVE one of these. It's the law!

3) Diana\Original's I have and owned

P5
    LP6
    Mod 10

Still got them

4) CO2-

Webley MKVI (pellet) very good
    Colt SAA (pellet) Excellent
    P08 (KWC) utterly superb beyond belief
    Colt M1911A1 collectors edition- very nicely detailed pistol- and original Colt walnut grips will fit with a little work

5) sorry but I have to go over 10 -

10m pistols-

other than the Mod10 already mentioned- a special nod to:-

FWB 65
    Alpha CO2
    Baikal mp-46m
    FAS604

And a lot more!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Feinwerkbau 100
    Feinwerkbau 90
    Diana/original Model 10
    Crosman 600
    Record champion
    Drulov DU10
    Daisy 717
    Lp53
    Diana model 1
    Tell 2

I enjoy shooting them all

Oh yeah, and all the older Webleys.
    Last edited by ptdunk; 15-04-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Agree with all the others mentioned but thought I'd add a couple of wildcards. The Gamo Center is a cheap, accurate underlever spring pistol which is lovely to shoot.
    Also the SMK XS26 pistol is way more accurate than it ought to be and great fun as it's full power

I can’t believe that no one has mentioned Falcon or EB20?!? (Unless I’m being blind???). Two great pistols. I was rather taken with the SW586. It was a hand-me-down and I thought it would be a ‘toy’ when I took it on - but it ain’t. The Twinmaster Sport is a good entry level target shooter, without breaking the bank. I rather fancy a HW45 and a Alfa Proj next...and yes, air pistols are great collector pieces without getting busted by her-in-doors lol
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    I can’t believe that no one has mentioned Falcon or EB20?!? (Unless I’m being blind???). Two great pistols. I was rather taken with the SW586. It was a hand-me-down and I thought it would be a ‘toy’ when I took it on - but it ain’t. The Twinmaster Sport is a good entry level target shooter, without breaking the bank. I rather fancy a HW45 and a Alfa Proj next...and yes, air pistols are great collector pieces without getting busted by her-in-doors lol
    You are correct, I have tried a Benjamin EB20; very nice with the compact appearance of a Webley Senior, with the convenience of a CO2 bolt action Crosman, but with a nicer trigger (which is not difficult ).
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Not trying to do a top ten, because it's too hard, but:

You have to have a classic Webley. Because: reasons. For me, toss-up between a nice Senior and an early Premier or something like an early straight-grip target.

Generic 'sporting" springers: BSA Scorpion. Diana model 5/LP5. Diana LP5M. HW45. Near miss: Competa Indian.

CO2 single shots: almost any (the Crosman/Benji/Sheridan guns are all a bit the same and share the same poor grip/trigger/sights issues).

CO2 non-replicas: Crosman 600. And those Drulov "semi auto" things.

CO2 replicas: CP88. And 5/686.

SSP non-match: HW40. Honourable mentions: Nemesis, HW75.

SSP match: FAS604. Honourable mentions: Air Match, Baikal 64, Daisy 717/747/787.

Match springers: FWB 65, 80. Diana 10. Honourable mention: Diana 6/6G/6M.

PCP: no idea, don't do that. Harper Wolf? Daystate?

Junk: all IGI Gun Toys (RO71,72, etc). G10. Gats. Etc.

I picked up a Webley nemesis the other day (GB made!) and after a clean up and lube, it’s running rather nicely. Not the most powerful air pistol out there, but a real joy to shoot!
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'