Thread: D Hiller, Collectors Guide To Air Rifles.

D Hiller, Collectors Guide To Air Rifles.

Does anyone out there know the difference between the 1985 and 1995 fourth editions of this publication, was it just reprinted or was it edited with extra material. The former is listed as having 278 pages and latter 300.
    Thanks.

I think 1985 is the 3rd edition, pink cover with the 4th edition having green cover. Not found a major difference yet but the 4th edition has no index. ... at least my copy has no index. I use the pink 3rd most times.
    Cheers, Phil

Same here...

There may be a few more items shown in the 4th edn, but the lack of index makes it significantly less handy than #3 which I also turn to when needing to actually find a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I think 1985 is the 3rd edition, pink cover with the 4th edition having green cover. Not found a major difference yet but the 4th edition has no index. ... at least my copy has no index. I use the pink 3rd most times.
    Cheers, Phil
    Thanks Phil, It's really the difference between the 1985 and 1995 editions that I'm trying to establish.
    They are both enlarged fourth editions but the latter has 22 more pages.

Quote Originally Posted by John RR View Post
    Does anyone out there know the difference between the 1985 and 1995 fourth editions of this publication, was it just reprinted or was it edited with extra material. The former is listed as having 278 pages and latter 300.
    Thanks.
    Interesting
    My pink 3rd edition is 276 numbered pages, 278 if you count the inside covers, and is labelled Enlarged Third Edition with a date of 1985
    My green edition is labelled Enlarged Fourth Edition, and is dated 'copyright September 1985' but it must have been printed later because it mentions a list of other publications that include Air Pistols from 1993. It has 277 numbered pages, excluding inside covers. There are, however, 4 pages of info about printing etc.
    Cheers, Phil