Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: priest pcp

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I am glad you brought the price issue up. Nearly £900.00 for a gun that consists of only the barrel, the breech and the cylinder is rather taking the piss considering it was made in Slovakia.

A.G

And other guns have???? The country of origin matters what???

I dont have an issue with the price of guns just my lack of money
    for a small company development costs machining costs wages
    How many guns a year would the company have to sell to break even
    What does bug me is its not rocket science anymore
    its just a case of precisely delivering specific amounts of air consistently and a barrel
    all the techy stuff like actions and triggers all been developed
    Iv got the design for a 1 PCP fits all gun in my head il just never have tie funds to build it

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    What parts?
    if you ever need any parts they are gonna be hard to get I asked

A friend bought one, I have a few goes and frankly I was not impressed...nor was he, it had terrible hammer bounce, and I found it to be a rather uncomfortable gun to use, reasonably accurate but not £900 accurate, I modded it for him to stop the hammer bounce, and made a cheek rest, but it also developed a seal problem which he is waiting to fix, so cant comment more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky-Ricky View Post
    A friend bought one, I have a few goes and frankly I was not impressed...nor was he, it had terrible hammer bounce, and I found it to be a rather uncomfortable gun to use, reasonably accurate but not £900 accurate, I modded it for him to stop the hammer bounce, and made a cheek rest, but it also developed a seal problem which he is waiting to fix, so cant comment more.
    Thanks for the info. Was it UK sourced? And what cal?

Thanks for the info. Was it UK sourced? And what cal?
    Yes UK sourced, cant remember where, and it was .22 but I think he got a .25 barrel as well

thanks for that

if you get any more info let us know,,,thanks

Yes UK sourced, cant remember where, and it was .22 but I think he got a .25 barrel as well
    What work did you do to stop the bounce?

It was never going to be a comfortable gun but I can live with that...

well

from what i have been told,,,the importer is doing some refinements on the gun before they go out the door,,,,??

What work did you do to stop the bounce?

It was never going to be a comfortable gun but I can live with that...
    I converted it to use an SSG device ( spring stop guide) a device that stops the hammer spring just shot of its maximum extension so the hammer is in free flight for the last mill or two of its travel, thereby taking away any preloaded inertia which in turn prevents the hammer from any bounce,

The result is to considerable increase the shot count and inconsistency, resulting from hammer bounce, it can be done to most guns that have concentric hammer and spring with rear access, but unfortunately requires the use of a lathe and requires threads to be cut, and rear hammer spring back plate to be drilled, and some stocks also need small modification, and sometimes a retune of the hammer spring preload/tension to retain factory power.

I have been considering offering to do this mod/conversion, but it would require the complete rifle in most cases and obviously voiding any warranties, so not recommended for new guns, the mod is completely removable, but will, of course, leave a drilling and stock mod.

I converted it to use an SSG device ( spring stop guide) a device that stops the hammer spring just shot of its maximum extension so the hammer is in free flight for the last mill or two of its travel, thereby taking away any preloaded inertia which in turn prevents the hammer from any bounce,

The result is to considerable increase the shot count and inconsistency, resulting from hammer bounce, it can be done to most guns that have concentric hammer and spring with rear access, but unfortunately requires the use of a lathe and requires threads to be cut, and rear hammer spring back plate to be drilled, and some stocks also need small modification, and sometimes a retune of the hammer spring preload/tension to retain factory power.

I have been considering offering to do this mod/conversion, but it would require the complete rifle in most cases and obviously voiding any warranties, so not recommended for new guns, the mod is completely removable, but will, of course, leave a drilling and stock mod.

Any pics or diagrams? If I go with the purchase I could have it made locally

Any pics or diagrams? If I go with the purchase I could have it made locally
    No, as each individual gun needs to be dismantled and measured to make it all work properly... it's not a quick fix bolt on job like blast tamer etc, making it is only half the job, get it wrong and you will wish you hadn't bothered.

nice one. Sling shot hammer is what they call that idea. Is the owner of the gun a member on here so I could pm him to ask how he is getting on with it. ?