Thread: Boingery Airgunner.

Cool Boingery Airgunner.

The February issue of Airgunner arrived today.

And full of boingery goodness it is, too.

Phill's Big Test is on the lovely HW98 and he's also reviewing the Gamo multishot boingery thing.

Neil's strip down article is on the classic HW55.

The Collector's Corner looks to be a lovely article comparing the pre-WW1 Lincoln Jeffries and Kynoch Swift rifles.

And plenty of other interesting stuff in there.

I've often said this, but the magazine really does seem to have gone from strength to strength under Phill's leadership and Terry's ever-watchful eye.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

i'll have to grab that. I hadn't realised it was out yet and annoyingly I walked passed WHSmith in Eastbourne Today !!

I thought you'd appreciate the '98 test, Mike.

It dropped through the letterbox today, so guessing it'll be in Smith's early next week?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I thought you'd appreciate the '98 test, Mike.

It dropped through the letterbox today, so guessing it'll be in Smith's early next week?
    I'll let you into a little secret Tone. My birthday was last Tuesday and Rachel and the relatives kindly chipped into the gun fund for me. With the money I had left from bits I have sold recently I was around £100 short of the 98. After much debate I finally bit the bullet and ordered one today from CH Weston. Hopefully it should be in Tuesday or Wednesday with any luck

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I'll let you into a little secret Tone. My birthday was last Tuesday and Rachel and the relatives kindly chipped into the gun fund for me. With the money I had left from bits I have sold recently I was around £100 short of the 98. After much debate I finally bit the bullet and ordered one today from CH Weston. Hopefully it should be in Tuesday or Wednesday with any luck
    Hee hee hee!

Congratulations, young sir.

You're going to absolutely love it.

Top family, too!

P.S. A belated Happy Birthday, Mike.

And, don't worry, your secret's safe with me!

Hee hee hee!

Congratulations, young sir.

You're going to absolutely love it.

Top family, too!

P.S. A belated Happy Birthday, Mike.

And, don't worry, your secret's safe with me!
    Cheers mate I reckon I will love it too!!! And don't worry its not really a secret. Its looking pretty public on here lol I cant wait to get it and start the testing procedure!!!

.177 or .22 Mike?

I've gone .177 for this one. Reason being this year I would really like to join a club at some point and have a go at HFT not only with my S510 but with a springer too. Having done some research and put the question out previously to you guys I'm convinced it will be the best option obviously for accuracy and distance. I was torn though to be honest. I love the .22s that I have as well. I haven't really got a favourite calibre.

Excellent choice for all the reasons you mention, Mike.

The '98 is plenty heavy enough (and tweakable if you were to feel the need) to exhibit excellent firing manners in the smaller calibre. If you don't already have them, try some H&N FTTs, AAFs and JSB Exacts through it. Plus the Weihrauch labelled pellets from those same makers.

Excellent choice for all the reasons you mention, Mike.

The '98 is plenty heavy enough (and tweakable if you were to feel the need) to exhibit excellent firing manners in the smaller calibre. If you don't already have them, try some H&N FTTs, AAFs and JSB Exacts through it. Plus the Weihrauch labelled pellets from those same makers.
    I have some Jsb's and AA's. I keep meaning to get some FTT's as I've heard great reports on them but never actually tried them myself. I'm going to check out the bay in a sec
    I was lucky enough to pick up an Airmax scope on here yesterday for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Has it arrived, Mike?

Has it arrived, Mike?
    Not yet Tone. The deliveries are all over the place because of xmas apparently. Seriously looking forward to it though. I was hoping to have it for the weekend but I reckon more likely next week now.

Sorry to hear this, Mike.

It wil be well worth the wait, though.