Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daystate Mirage XLR

Quote Originally Posted by IanSea View Post
    Mine is a Mark 1 S No 2096.
    I have found some notes from when I was trying to work out build numbers, nothing exact I am afraid but assumptions based from searching the web at the time. As you will likely know the numbers started at 2000, my guns are 2124 and 2135. Its frustrating that Daystates database does not distinguish between a mkI or MKII. I found a gun that was no 2155 for sale that did not state it was a mkII so I assume a mkI, I found a MKII that was number 2192. I think the total number of 230 came from the fact the highest serial is 2230, but when you take out the 20 Mako's and some missing or scrapped serial numbers you are left with 208. I was originally told that there were less mkI's but I am convinced its definitely the other way round. I would be very interested to find any members with MkII guns to see how low the serial numbers go. I can only be sure so far that the mkI's went up to 135 having not actually seen gun 155.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

I found this post from 2006 with sniper22 stating around 20 MK2s were made. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....991-mirage-xlr

The post also states that 230 were made.
    The MK2 mentioned is 2188 and I have found a picture of a MK2 with serial no. 2219, which if numbers were consecutive, suggests more than 20 were made.

Quote Originally Posted by IanSea View Post
    I found this post from 2006 with sniper22 stating around 20 MK2s were made. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....991-mirage-xlr

The post also states that 230 were made.
    The MK2 mentioned is 2188 and I have found a picture of a MK2 with serial no. 2219, which if numbers were consecutive, suggests more than 20 were made.
    Guns were not always built in order, it was a case of which blocks came out of the box first!

The Mako's occupy serial numbers 2193-2212 with 21 consecutive numbers after the Mako's. Sniper22 was well connected to Daystate and listed a lot of Daystate models and their build numbers but there are a fair few inconsistencies, the problem is many figures get quoted and repeated from memory (I am guilty of this at times) and numbers get mixed up, add to this the fact not all serial numbers were added to the database when it was transferred from workshop notes to a computer.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

only talking about my old XLR the other day , loved it , nicest looking rifle they made , mine had the skeleton stock , and swan neck bolt . in .177 was super accurate and so light ..

I've started stripping it down so wish me luck! Struggling to get the end plug out of the front of the cylinder at the moment.