Thread: BSA Buccaneer... great fun...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I bought a cheap, tatty Scorpion when I was 17. And the trigger was one of the stand-out features that I remembered about it, JB. Did I remember BSA quoting back in the day that the trigger mechanism was of the Martini design?

And yes, Les, I was one of the fortunate few that had a go with yours at the last Bash. Thank you. It was excellent and certainly far better than I expected. And, in Buccaneer format, the firing cycle was so much sweeter and more benign than I remember the handful of a pistol demonstrating.
    Hi Tone
    Apart from meeting some fabulous people ,like your Good self at the Boinger bash, it's also a great opportunity to have a go with some rare and unusual airguns that you may have only seen in photos or read about.I do love the older airguns.
    Atb
    Les..

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Got to bring my scorpions and buccanneer to the next bash - personally I think they are both quite nice to shoot - in fact i can't think of any current competition for either...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Got to bring my scorpions and buccanneer to the next bash - personally I think they are both quite nice to shoot - in fact i can't think of any current competition for either...
    Diana LP5M (discontinued) or LP8M. I particularly want one of the former, to compare to my Scorp.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Diana LP5M (discontinued) or LP8M. I particularly want one of the former, to compare to my Scorp.
    Yeah, the magnum is on my radar too...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Yeah, the magnum is on my radar too...
    I have a LP5M in .22 I'll bring it to the next bash and we can compare it with our Scorpion's.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I have a LP5M in .22 I'll bring it to the next bash and we can compare it with our Scorpion's.
    Les..
    Great idea, thanks - this is going to be fun