Thread: BSA Buccaneer... great fun...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA Buccaneer... great fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yep, planning to long stroke it with a diana 28mm parachute type seal, but to be honest the power is really irrelevant to me. Thumbhole is a bit small, but I think maybe you are setting your standards too high My stock has been modified - with car body filler to replace corners of the butt and cheekpiece where corners got knocked off.. However as the PO had sprayed it black (somewhat badly), I'll just respray it when I've finished the repairs.

I missed that Bash Les... pity. The spare (very tatty) .22 barrel I have might end up getting relined to .177 - that'd also solve the 5.6mm pellet problem and make it cheaper to feed.
    a crosman 766 barrel liner would make a good donor if you can find a one being broken for spares.

The Buccaneer is deemed a junior type rifle but the length to pull on the trigger is nearly 15" inches,so us big kids can and do enjoy shooting them.
    They are a great addition to any collection.
    Les..

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    a crosman 766 barrel liner would make a good donor if you can find a one being broken for spares.
    I did almost exactly that one one of my scoprions - albeit with a 2200 barrel (same skinny crosman configuration) perfect, as you say, and a big power increase when the pellet doesn't slide an inch down the barrel before firing !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

BSA Buccaneer... great fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I did almost exactly that one one of my scoprions - albeit with a 2200 barrel (same skinny crosman configuration) perfect, as you say, and a big power increase when the pellet doesn't slide an inch down the barrel before firing !
    The crosman barrels are very accurate too & not at all pellet fussy I found, shoot almost all good quality pellets well. Did you araldite your liner in?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    The crosman barrels are very accurate too & not at all pellet fussy I found, shoot almost all good quality pellets well. Did you araldite your liner in?
    Yes, accuracy pleasantly surprised me. the shallow, fine rifling probably helps with sealing and efficiency too.
    Just used Loctite - the regular medium stuff.. there's a huge bonding area and not much force on the barrel.

Rgds - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.