Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TX200 - Mk2 piston into a Mk3?

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    if it's not the length of the guides it may well be the centralisation of the rod in the piston - is it centred correctly ? Also is the rear guide "brim" OD the full size of the main tube of the gun, thereby preventing it from moving off centre ? Also look at the trigger block - does the lead into the hole in the trigger block through which the piston rod passes show any signs of being hit / metal contact ?
    Would have to be a mile out to prevent cocking

also check any "power washers"on the rear guide are of the correct diameter to go inside the bore of the piston .

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Would have to be a mile out to prevent cocking .
    depends on the profile of the piston rod mushroom, but yeah, would have to be quite bad...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The end of the original mk2 rod is a different shape to the mk 3 , though the latch sears are identical , both profiles work fine in the mk 3 .

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    The end of the original mk2 rod is a different shape to the mk 3 , though the latch sears are identical , both profiles work fine in the mk 3 .
    yup, and WD and ISP are different profiles again... I have had this problem once, so not making it up... rod was way pi55ed in the piston; bore of guide was loose enough to allow it to not centralise, got kinda stuck on the way into the trigger housing. It;s not exactly likely, but seeing as we seem to have exhausted all the sensible causes...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

does the trigger latch outside of the gun when tried as i suggested ?
    Many thanks - Ill give that a try.

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    if it's not the length of the guides it may well be the centralisation of the rod in the piston - is it centred correctly ? Also is the rear guide "brim" OD the full size of the main tube of the gun, thereby preventing it from moving off centre ? Also look at the trigger block - does the lead into the hole in the trigger block through which the piston rod passes show any signs of being hit / metal contact ?
    The Brim OD of the guide is a V snug fit in the main tube - in fact it was oversized as supplied, and I reduced the Dia to give me a snug fit - thinking I didn't want any lateral movement.

I haven't noticed any witness marks on the trigger block - however I will re-strip and investigate.

Many thanks

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    The Brim OD of the guide is a V snug fit in the main tube - in fact it was oversized as supplied, and I reduced the Dia to give me a snug fit - thinking I didn't want any lateral movement.

I haven't noticed any witness marks on the trigger block - however I will re-strip and investigate.

Many thanks

Steve
    Where did you buy the mk2 spec spring ? Is it a standard mk2 spring or an after market one (Titan or similar) ?

I think its something simple like being coil bound.

When its in bits, also worth checking for any wear / damage to the cocking shoe.
    B.A.S.C. member

Was just looking at my spare pistons and found a MarkII stroke piston with the MarkIII profile. I think it came from a MarkII in the 13,000 range of serial numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Where did you buy the mk2 spec spring ? Is it a standard mk2 spring or an after market one (Titan or similar) ?

I think its something simple like being coil bound.

When its in bits, also worth checking for any wear / damage to the cocking shoe.
    It was bought as a standard Mk2 spring from Mr Knibbs.

Ill be doing a further stripdown over the weekend.

Many thanks for all of the advise/comments so far.

Cheers

Steve

Just re stripped the TX and removed a slip washer that I had put under the top hat......It now cocks.

With a Mk 3 V-Mach spring it makes 8.5 f lbs, with the Mk2 Knibbs spring, its at 11.2 f lbs.

New seal, so will put a tin thru it and recheck.

Many Thanks for all of your comments...shame I made a school boy error

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Just re stripped the TX and removed a slip washer that I had put under the top hat......It now cocks.

With a Mk 3 V-Mach spring it makes 8.5 f lbs, with the Mk2 Knibbs spring, its at 11.2 f lbs.

New seal, so will put a tin thru it and recheck.

Many Thanks for all of your comments...shame I made a school boy error

Cheers

Steve
    If it was under the top hat /piston weight then it was coil binding, unusual in the mk2 as the stroke is a lot shorter than the mk 3, if it was under the spring guide then it was the spring guide base not entering the piston bore .

If it was under the top hat /piston weight then it was coil binding, unusual in the mk2 as the stroke is a lot shorter than the mk 3, if it was under the spring guide then it was the spring guide base not entering the piston bore .
    It was under the top hat - about a 3mm slip washer - now time for testing and getting the seal bedded in.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Steve