Thread: TX200 - Mk2 piston into a Mk3?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    The Brim OD of the guide is a V snug fit in the main tube - in fact it was oversized as supplied, and I reduced the Dia to give me a snug fit - thinking I didn't want any lateral movement.

I haven't noticed any witness marks on the trigger block - however I will re-strip and investigate.

Many thanks

Steve
    Where did you buy the mk2 spec spring ? Is it a standard mk2 spring or an after market one (Titan or similar) ?

I think its something simple like being coil bound.

When its in bits, also worth checking for any wear / damage to the cocking shoe.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Where did you buy the mk2 spec spring ? Is it a standard mk2 spring or an after market one (Titan or similar) ?

I think its something simple like being coil bound.

When its in bits, also worth checking for any wear / damage to the cocking shoe.
    It was bought as a standard Mk2 spring from Mr Knibbs.

Ill be doing a further stripdown over the weekend.

Many thanks for all of the advise/comments so far.

Cheers

Steve

Just re stripped the TX and removed a slip washer that I had put under the top hat......It now cocks.

With a Mk 3 V-Mach spring it makes 8.5 f lbs, with the Mk2 Knibbs spring, its at 11.2 f lbs.

New seal, so will put a tin thru it and recheck.

Many Thanks for all of your comments...shame I made a school boy error

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Just re stripped the TX and removed a slip washer that I had put under the top hat......It now cocks.

With a Mk 3 V-Mach spring it makes 8.5 f lbs, with the Mk2 Knibbs spring, its at 11.2 f lbs.

New seal, so will put a tin thru it and recheck.

Many Thanks for all of your comments...shame I made a school boy error

Cheers

Steve
    If it was under the top hat /piston weight then it was coil binding, unusual in the mk2 as the stroke is a lot shorter than the mk 3, if it was under the spring guide then it was the spring guide base not entering the piston bore .

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    If it was under the top hat /piston weight then it was coil binding, unusual in the mk2 as the stroke is a lot shorter than the mk 3, if it was under the spring guide then it was the spring guide base not entering the piston bore .
    It was under the top hat - about a 3mm slip washer - now time for testing and getting the seal bedded in.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Steve