Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoarding: I confess I have ____ copies of the same gun.

Hoarding: I confess I have ____ copies of the same gun.

In collecting it is fun to collect many different types of guns. But I’m sure, like me, you end up liking a specific gun that maybe isn’t that rare and you start collecting multiple copies. My current weakness is Haenel 28s, have a hard time saying no to a clean copy.

5 so far

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    In collecting it is fun to collect many different types of guns. But I’m sure, like me, you end up liking a specific gun that maybe isn’t that rare and you start collecting multiple copies. My current weakness is Haenel 28s, have a hard time saying no to a clean copy.

5 so far
    I find I end up with several because each is subtlely different and I can't bear the thought of letting go a (ie completely) different variant.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I find I end up with several because each is subtlely different and I can't bear the thought of letting go a (ie completely) different variant.
    When I started collecting Webley air pistols I wasn't really looking for mint or boxed examples, but having later found duplicates in much better cosmetic condition could not bring myself to part with the earlier purchases.

Hence Iv'e finally run out of storage space, so unfortunately it will have to one in, one out for me in the future.

Regards
    Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 08-01-2018 at 04:45 PM.

17 hW35s. They are not all in this photo (Safari) but they come in all the stock variations, ages, both cals and several barrel lengths.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    When I started collecting Webley air pistols I wasn't really looking for mint or boxed examples, but having later found duplicates in much better cosmetic condition could not bring myself to part with the earlier purchases.

Hence Iv'e finally run out of storage space, so unfortunately it will have to one in, one out for me in the future.

Regards
    Brian
    Space is always a problem unless you have a dedicated gunroom and I have aways struggled even though I collect mainly pistols. However, this Christmas my better half bought me these desktop drawer units, and they now comfortably house 40 Webley and Webley-sized pistols. Not cheap though, unfortunately.

(No, I haven't got round to lining the drawers yet)
    Last edited by ccdjg; 08-01-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

17 hW35s. They are not all in this photo (Safari) but they come in all the stock variations, ages, both cals and several barrel lengths.
    That is a stunning collection there

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    I have over 10 pre war Webley Mk1 pistols and about 5 or so post war versions

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Space is always a problem unless you have a dedicated gunroom and I have aways struggled even though I collect mainly pistols. However, this Christmas my better half bought me these desktop drawer units, and they now comfortably house 40 Webley and Webley-sized pistols. Not cheap though, unfortunately.

Hello John,

Something like that might just offer a solution to my storage problem.

Thanks
    Brian

In my opinion you should immediately put some cardboard in the bottom of each draw or the steel draws will scratch the finish on what looks to be a fine collection
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

I like those. Are they lockable?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post

5 so far
    Webley Junior
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Oh God, here we go.

2x Gats, even though I hate the bloody things. One black, one nickel. So not the same, right?
    3x Diana 5s, but a wood grip, a plastic, and a 5G. So definitely not identical.
    2x Diana 6Gs. One in bits, probably broken. Does that help?
    2x Diana 6Ms. Different grips, though.
    2x FAS 604s. But one has the extended sights, so it's not the same, is it?
    2x RWS C225s, one basic black, one nickel target, so different.
    A S&W 586 4", and a 686 three-barrel set. Does that count?
    2x Diana 35s, but one is 1950s (nice) and one is 1970s (1970s).
    2x FWB Sports. Got me there. Ah, but one is really nice and one is a dog that needs serious attention.
    A Diana 34 and a 36. Clearly not the same as different numbers.
    3x HW77s, but in very different stocks and states of customisation.
    2x Airsporters, but one is a Mk1, one a Mk5, so very different.
    2x Webley MkIIIs, but differing in details and calibres.

So, that's either 27 duplicates, or, maybe, five or six?

'Photos'

I wonder if those wide wooden drawers (maybe the type used to store original drawing/skins/blueprints) contain a rifle or too?

Good idea anyway (with suitable lining), especially in a locked gun room.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I like those. Are they lockable?
    Unfortunately this particular make do not offer a lockable version, but there are others that do (see Fleabay 292118121034 for example). It adds quite a bit more to the price though.

I have

8- HW35
    2- HW77
    2- HW80mk1
    2.5- Original mod45
    4- Original mod50
    4- Webley mk3
    4- Webley Premier
    2- Webley Osprey but one had a snapped barrel so I fitted a Tracker barrel making it an Ospracker!
    3- Webley mk1 pistols
    5- Webley Juniors
    2- Webley Hurricane
    3- SMK78's
    2- SMK B45-3
    2- Shin Sung Career
    2- Sheridan Streaks, 1 Silver, 1 Blue
    2- Gunpower Stealth
    2- Gem style smoothbores
    2- Diana mod52
    2- BSA Mod D
    2- BSA Standard
    2- BSA Superstar though one is a mk1 rifle, T'uther is mk2 carbine.
    3- BSA Scorpion pistols
    2- BSA Magnum 240
    4- Bsa Mercury
    3- Air Arms woodstocked sidelevers
    2- Jackal sidelevers

EDIT- I have an Original mod 35 but shall be buying a Gecado mod35 which is the same but with a different trademark but still made by M&G, Hopefully this week..

I think that's about it

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/