Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAC to non FAC

Surely if a dealer takes an FAC air rifle off ticket, assuming their force allow it, they will be selling a 12 ft/lbs version and price it accordingly
    If that was the case there would be no FAC air rifles for sale in gunshops. The reason they are cheap is there is little demand.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Ask your local FLO as I guess it would be down to them
    My local FLO is Lancashire, that's why it's very interesting!

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Surely if a dealer takes an FAC air rifle off ticket, assuming their force allow it, they will be selling a 12 ft/lbs version and price it accordingly
    If that was the case there would be no FAC air rifles for sale in gunshops. The reason they are cheap is there is little demand.
    Yes if they were doing it for themselves that would be true but I expect the profit margin would not be worth their time & effort to do the work for the majority of old rifles.

What if some one comes in asking for an fac rifle and the shop has converted all of their FAC rifles to sub12ftlbs

They would have to source one or undo all the work to put it back to FAC .So they would have wasted time and money converting to have to convert it back if they cant source one unless they kept the old FAC parts if required .
    Last edited by bighit; 09-01-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    What if some one comes in asking for an fac rifle and the shop has converted all of their FAC rifles to sub12ftlbs

They would have to source one or undo all the work to put it back to FAC .So they would have wasted time and money converting to have to convert it back if they cant source one unless they kept the old FAC parts if required .
    Gun shops cater for what their customers demand and the demand for FAC air rifles is tiny compared with sub 12 ft/lbers. Go ask your dealer how many he has sold this week of each.

Gun shops cater for what their customers demand and the demand for FAC air rifles is tiny compared with sub 12 ft/lbers. Go ask your dealer how many he has sold this week of each.
    A demanding customer is a pain in the arse. You will find it isn't cost effective to go converting everything. FAC guns always are sought after but the right person has to find it.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

He probably has the same amount on the shelf as he had the first time i was in 2006.

My point is this.

He has a rapid 7 doing 28ftlbs on the shelf and goes to the hassle of getting the authority and gets it off the FAC register to de tune to 12ftlbs then a week later a customer comes in for one in FAC . The shop would then have to get the authority (if that's how it works ) and then convert it back to FAC . i'm sure his firearms office will like the hassle too when they could be struggling to get renewals done to the people that waiting a month to 12 months in some regions.
    Last edited by bighit; 10-01-2018 at 02:23 PM.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodge View Post
    Hi mate, it's really easy to reduce power to less than 12ftlbs, BUT even if you do that the rifle will remain an FAC registered rifle. Once an FAC, always an FAC. There's no way around it I'm afraid.
    No, wrong, false, tripe, balderdash, hogwash, falsehood and lies.

It depends on the police force where you live. Norfolk will allow FAC guns to be taken off register as long as the work is done and certificated by a registered firearms dealer.