Thread: Frangible no-ricochet BBs

Frangible no-ricochet BBs

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2018...il-bbs-part-1/

Now that is a genuinely new and interesting idea, and surely of interest to those who shoot little round balls at things.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Excellent. Steel BBs are extremely dangerous.

Gamo lead BB's are the way forward
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Gamo lead BB's are the way forward
    All the ones I’ve tried were useless 1/3 of a tin the right size the other 2/3 either too small or too big. They are not consistent enough to be of much use.

Bill
    Last edited by Bigbill; 09-01-2018 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

What about the copper coated lead BBs?
    Cheers, Phil

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    They don't look very round with that dirty great mould line around them...but the idea is good.

The main problem with lead balls is that with blowback guns in particular, the velocity is poor. Blowbacks give low enough velocity as it is with steel bbs. 250 fps for lead doesn't do it for me.

The other problem is that smooth bore barrels lead up faster then rifled ones.

For me plastic bbs are the answer for indoor shooting.

They are more accurate than steel, give much higher velocities (the two are probably related) and shatter if hitting something hard.

Or you can use something like a hanging bath towel as a back stop. I imagine, when they hit that, the energy is soaked up and they just drop to the floor like 6mm airsoft bbs.

Lots of safe fun for all the family.

The main reason I have avoided bb guns in the past is that I dislike steel bbs.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

What is the best source.of plastic .177 BBS?

Just Google asg blaster 4.5mm as they're the only plastic ones available as far as I'm aware. I hope more manufacturers start making plastic ones so the price is in line with 6mm.
    The whole point of shooting bb's for me is economy. I don't see any sense in buying them if they're more expensive than pellets.