Thread: Air Arms tx200sr service manual required please

Air Arms tx200sr service manual required please

Hi folks, me being me, I'm thinking of taking the old girl to bits and giving her a good service, I could do with an exploded diagram before I start, atb Daz

I sell TatarGan in the caliber of the pope. Iron sits in the crocodile. A light bun turned out.

I have sent some info to the email address in your profile .. hope it works.
    Cheers, Phil

Just found extra post I mentioned in e mail. here it is:

Curing an annoying click on a TX200SR and a sledge adjusting spanner
    My TX200SR had a quite faint 'click' when the sledge moved back and forth in the stock, uncocked. I put up with it, not knowing any better and assuming it was part of the SR magic. But now, having heard other SRs without a click, I assumed it should not be there. So I started to have a look. Now I have to add that as far as I could see at the time, the slight click was not affecting performance. After much shifting of the sledge back and forth and removing the trigger block ... or more specifically the trigger guard, I found the cause of the click. The trigger bar that contains the sear adjuster screws sits very slightly proud of the trigger unit frame; a matter of a tiny fraction of a mm. The trigger guard 'tang' slides back and forth with the sledge and was sitting flush to the trigger housing such that when it slid towards the sear bar, the tang on the guard just made contact with the sear bar and produced a slight click as it rode over it. There was a slight 'wear' patch in the tang blueing corresponding to this click. A side effect was, of course, that the sear bar was pushed into the housing a tad, no doubt affecting sear engagement. As the sear bar is sprung laden it was not possible to adjust it flush with the housing. So the very simple solution of just bending the guard tang a little to provide clearance was adopted. Easy ... no more click, just a dull 'thump' as the action moves in the stock.
    Maybe this is so obvious that it was not worth posting this, but never mind. To compensate for the possible affect on the sears, I backed off the second stage screw 1/8 turn. All seems fine.
    And now to those sledge adjuster nuts. Ever been in a situation of wanting to adjust the sledge friction and fed up with removing bits to get at them? I was. So I found a cheap, thin pressed steel open ended spanner that may have come from a 'flat pack', adjusted the nut opening jaw to accept a 5mm nut (7mm a/f), filed the arms down to about 12mm side to side, added a slight bend to the handle and, hey presto, I can adjust the nuts easily without removing any part of the action. Again mainly obvious and possibly very simple. A bit like me I guess. But for a few minutes work I no longer have to strip out the underlever linkage and trigger block to do it. Will I ever need to use the spanner again? ... I do not know but according to the manual I most likely will.
    Last edited by Phil Russell; 10-01-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Absolutely brilliant lads, thank you very much, atvb Daz