Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chronometer Recommendations

Got the F1 for Christmas & shot it...lucky for it was only the lip of the casing, now have it mounted in a box wit a back stop which makes it easy to use. Rained off today so will make a lighting kit for it & try it out.

Rob

I have a Combro which certainly didn't like FAC velocities but its accurate enough with sub-12 and it can be connected to a lap-top albeit with £20 worth of cables.

I also have a Caldwell, a bargain picked up second hand. Its battery hungry, its very fussy indoors without the light kit and even cloudy days throw up constant error codes.
    Its supposed to connect to a mobile via 4 pole jack but wouldn't connect to i-phone or android for me. I loaded an android emulator to to my laptop and again wouldn't connect via the headphone jack or USB adapter.
    Could be why it was cheap but it seems they did have connection software issues to start with.

I 've clipped it 3 times now almost PBR at 40ft lbs, lazy pointing in the shed. Big bang and a ricochet but it didn't disintergrate or stop working, fairly sure it wouldn't take one square in the display though.

I'm still tempted by one of the R2s.

Chronograph arrived

Hi guys

I said i would post again when my chronograph arrived. made by www.ffwg.hk

Chinese built cost £113 delivered and it got through customs without any charges. Manual is in chinglish but i am getting the hang of it. have got the Bluetooth connected to my android tablet,
    but not put any pellets through it yet.

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers Ian

Quote Originally Posted by iwalk View Post
    Hi guys

I said i would post again when my chronograph arrived. made by www.ffwg.hk

Chinese built cost £113 delivered and it got through customs without any charges. Manual is in chinglish but i am getting the hang of it. have got the Bluetooth connected to my android tablet,
    but not put any pellets through it yet.

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers Ian
    same as this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/K9800-BL-Sh.../dp/B073W68BDD

Almost the same as the xcortech ones that can be a PITA to use . https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xcortech-X3.../dp/B01DQZBVKS
    Last edited by bighit; 30-01-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Well, I was going to wait until April but I just couldn't.
    Yesterday I ordered a Skan and whilst it's dearer than the R2 it does have a 5 year warranty.
    My dilemma now is, what do I do with my Combro? Do I keep it in my gun bag incase needed or do I sell it and recuperate some of the cost of the Skan?

No its not that one, i didn't like the look of shooting through that small area.
    have a look at :-

http://www.ffwg.hk/pd.jsp?id=13#_pp=0_304_1_-1

Its a V type haven't actually tried it yet as i only got it last night
    Will give an update after i used it.

Quote Originally Posted by iwalk View Post
    No its not that one, i didn't like the look of shooting through that small area.
    have a look at :-

http://www.ffwg.hk/pd.jsp?id=13#_pp=0_304_1_-1

Its a V type haven't actually tried it yet as i only got it last night
    Will give an update after i used it.
    I see . I picked that one in my post as when you clicked the link you put in the post i replied to it took you to the K9800.

I have the xcortech one i quoted and its ok if you get the angle right but i would not like to try shooting through it ny further away or it just like a combro being blasted to bits if misaligned

Anyone using the Magnetospeed chronographs on air rifles?

I'm currently using a combro but thinking of the magnetospeed ones as it would suit my centrefires also.

Quote Originally Posted by amadablam View Post
    Anyone using the Magnetospeed chronographs on air rifles?

I'm currently using a combro but thinking of the magnetospeed ones as it would suit my centrefires also.
    I may be mistaken but I have heard that they only record velocities above 1,000 fps.

amadablam,

IIRC, the Magnetospeed V3's senstiivity needs turning up for air rifle use ( 8 or 9), and the bore to sensor spacing needs to be as small as possible.

The Magnetospeed V3 works superbly with centre & rimfires

Never tried it with air rifles.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I may be mistaken but I have heard that they only record velocities above 1,000 fps.
    Thanks for that 😊 I better do a bit of research on the models and suitability.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    amadablam,

IIRC, the Magnetospeed V3's senstiivity needs turning up for air rifle use ( 8 or 9), and the bore to sensor spacing needs to be as small as possible.

The Magnetospeed V3 works superbly with centre & rimfires

Never tried it with air rifles.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Thanks for that Russ

I would be delighted if I had one chronograph to do everything.

Would it be so easy 😊as I've rimfire as well as centre fires and it looks extremely capable for those.

Cheers

Just had an E-mail from Competition electronics ref The Pro-Chrono digital, I wanted one of their interface cable set up's.

Seems none of their kit is CE approved so should not be available over here but it's a superb bit of kit.

BL-9900 Chronograph

My chrono arrived a couple of weeks ago. I was disappointed to find that the Bluetooth App would not connect and after a few emails to the manufacturer i was told an updated app would soon be available for this unit so i decided to be fair and wait before posting a review.

The new app cam out a couple of days ago and i have been waiting for some half decent weather to make a quick test. It works fine with only the usual drawbacks to this type of chrono ie i had difficulty getting readings on a bright sunny day but with a slight overcast it works 100%. The range of the Bluetooth is a bit disappointing at only a couple of meters but that's OK as i want the chrono to be near the muzzle to get a truer reading. You can program all your favorite pellet makes into the app so when you select the pellet you are using you get instant FP readings.

More as i get more use out of it.

Cheers Ian

Picked a f1 chrony up s/h for £60 about 2 years ago and its been faultless, thoroughly recommend.