Thread: Chronometer Recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Air Chrony MK3

Hi i purchased a Air Chrony MK3 off BAR after reading reviews. I tried it in the garage at night it still worked easy to use easy to set up work's in the field powered by 3 AAA batteries im pleased with it.

Just replaced the case and v block on my very old Combro. £5.60 including first class post. Arrived the day after I placed the order. Also asked about repair if faulty. £7.50 fixed price repair. I have a mk4. He still occasionally repairs mk1s. Do other chrono companies offer backup service like that? I only need to make sure my guns are legal. I don't need to know downrange numbers. Doug

DougieH,

I doubt whether many companies offer the service that Robin at Combro Ltd does.

Then again, my R2 has never gone wrong in the year I have owned it, so I have not had a need to find out what lmbr's service is like.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Oh bugger, another disadvantage of getting up early for work. I went to bed at 7pm and just after 8 a Skan comes up for sale and is snapped up straight away.

Got the F1 for Christmas & shot it...lucky for it was only the lip of the casing, now have it mounted in a box wit a back stop which makes it easy to use. Rained off today so will make a lighting kit for it & try it out.

Rob

I have a Combro which certainly didn't like FAC velocities but its accurate enough with sub-12 and it can be connected to a lap-top albeit with £20 worth of cables.

I also have a Caldwell, a bargain picked up second hand. Its battery hungry, its very fussy indoors without the light kit and even cloudy days throw up constant error codes.
    Its supposed to connect to a mobile via 4 pole jack but wouldn't connect to i-phone or android for me. I loaded an android emulator to to my laptop and again wouldn't connect via the headphone jack or USB adapter.
    Could be why it was cheap but it seems they did have connection software issues to start with.

I 've clipped it 3 times now almost PBR at 40ft lbs, lazy pointing in the shed. Big bang and a ricochet but it didn't disintergrate or stop working, fairly sure it wouldn't take one square in the display though.

I'm still tempted by one of the R2s.

Chronograph arrived

Hi guys

I said i would post again when my chronograph arrived. made by www.ffwg.hk

Chinese built cost £113 delivered and it got through customs without any charges. Manual is in chinglish but i am getting the hang of it. have got the Bluetooth connected to my android tablet,
    but not put any pellets through it yet.

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers Ian