Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronometer Recommendations

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    My A1 Chrony recently "Died" but I'd grown so familiar with it that I simply bought another !
    Sometimes, better with the devil you know !
    “An airgun or two”………

Decision made!

After lots of research and a wet finger waggled in the air i made a decision!

Ordered a

E9900-BL-Shooting-Chronograph-Bluetooth

Your typical v type Chronograph with Bluetooth to a Android phone/tablet.

Will let you know what its like when it gets here off the slow boat from china.

Ian.

Just ordered a Chrono-R2H. The firearm version of the R2A imported from Poland. Incredible piece of kit and can be used in LOW light.

Having just blown the front sensor of my combro (fifth unit since they first came out,) I invested in the BAR Polish model. Well impressed.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Having just blown the front sensor of my combro (fifth unit since they first came out,) I invested in the BAR Polish model. Well impressed.
    Now going to go for one of these myself.

I'm going to treat myself to another chrono' in April and I was undecided whether to go for the Skan or the R2a. All the feedback seems good for the R2a plus it takes up less room than the Skan and comes in a fair bit cheaper. Unless the negative comments start coming through I think I'll be taking a trip to BAR.

gtfreight,

The 'Polish' Ra/R2A's have an internal memory (IIRC, 250 shots), that strings can be stored to and later dumped to a PC - I have found this feature to be most useful

NOTE : If you choose to dump the data to PC with the R2, you will need a USB to Serial lead - I use a StarTech.COM lead (Part No ICUSB232IF) that I bought from Amazon.co.uk.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    gtfreight,

The 'Polish' Ra/R2A's have an internal memory (IIRC, 250 shots), that strings can be stored to and later dumped to a PC - I have found this feature to be most useful

NOTE : If you choose to dump the data to PC with the R2, you will need a USB to Serial lead - I use a StarTech.COM lead (Part No ICUSB232IF) that I bought from Amazon.co.uk.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    Thanks Russ,
    Do you know if the Air Chrony mk3 is also worth considering?

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    It would have cost less for a rebuild and an alignment guide!

gtfreight,

The AirChrony is similar to the 'Polish' chrono', but is, IIRC, made in the Czech Republic (?).

The AirChrony uses a USB interface to connect to PC, so is easier that way.

I have not used, or seen in the flesh, the AirChrony, so cannot speak to its qualities.

I do use the AirChrony software to process the PC data dump from my R2 chrono'.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    gtfreight,

The AirChrony is similar to the 'Polish' chrono', but is, IIRC, made in the Czech Republic (?).

The AirChrony uses a USB interface to connect to PC, so is easier that way.

I have not used, or seen in the flesh, the AirChrony, so cannot speak to its qualities.

I do use the AirChrony software to process the PC data dump from my R2 chrono'.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    Thanks Russ,

When I go in to BAR I'll ask for their advice, they've been pretty impartial with me in the past.

Air Chrony MK3

Hi i purchased a Air Chrony MK3 off BAR after reading reviews. I tried it in the garage at night it still worked easy to use easy to set up work's in the field powered by 3 AAA batteries im pleased with it.

Just replaced the case and v block on my very old Combro. £5.60 including first class post. Arrived the day after I placed the order. Also asked about repair if faulty. £7.50 fixed price repair. I have a mk4. He still occasionally repairs mk1s. Do other chrono companies offer backup service like that? I only need to make sure my guns are legal. I don't need to know downrange numbers. Doug

DougieH,

I doubt whether many companies offer the service that Robin at Combro Ltd does.

Then again, my R2 has never gone wrong in the year I have owned it, so I have not had a need to find out what lmbr's service is like.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Oh bugger, another disadvantage of getting up early for work. I went to bed at 7pm and just after 8 a Skan comes up for sale and is snapped up straight away.