Thread: Chronometer Recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Chronometer Recommendations

Hi all

Am looking to get a chronometer. Have around £100 to spend and am looking for recommendations on which ones give the best value for my buck.

Ian

If you only have one airgun the combro is fine & perfectly accurate if a bit slow.

If you have several airguns then a V frame chrono is better & my choice is the competition electronics Pro-chono digital about £120.

Hi Ian,

And a very warm welcome to the forum.

I have the F1 Chrony, along with many others on here. Generally happy with it. They can, it seems, be a little temperamental at times....often a battery or lighting issue.

My next one will be the Skan. It costs about double but they're reportedly superb and I really wished I'd pushed the boat out years ago. I think they're £199 direct from Skan.

I can't remember the makes / model names, but many people seem very happy with the ones from Blackpool Air Rifles.

A lot will also depend on your expected use. As in, will you just be measuring velocity at the muzzle or downrange also?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

My Combro has served me well on all sorts of rifles for the last 3 years and, it's still going strong.

I recently tested it against my Chrony and, it's spot on. It's easier to use than the Chrony as well.

It cost me £49 - you can get a good few pellets for £51

All of the above.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    My Combro has served me well on all sorts of rifles for the last 3 years and, it's still going strong.

I recently tested it against my Chrony and, it's spot on. It's easier to use than the Chrony as well.

It cost me £49 - you can get a good few pellets for £51
    Or an alignment tool.....

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Or an alignment tool.....
    Not if you're careful with it

I've shot a Chrony but, never shot a Combro.

All of the above.

I wasn't happy with my Skan, admittedly bought second hand and not new, but it worked for a few months then stopped reading, sent it back and told beyond repair, it's rusted inside.

Not sure if it's a common fault or previous owner had let it get damp/wet.
    Either way, I replaced it with a chrony f1 which can be temperamental with weather conditions (light) but seems very accurate.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply's!

I will be checking out sites on the web over the next few days and will let you know what i end up with.

Ian

I bought a Combro recently and I’ve compared it to the Skan and it gives practically identical results. I paid around £40 where as the Skan costs a couple of hundred!

Mick