Thread: LP400 - Cylinder removal during storage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LP400 - Cylinder removal during storage

Hi

I've just upgraded to a LP400 Alu from my IZH46m - my first PCP!

I love my IZH46m but it's a Series 3 Landrover
    compared to the
    Audi A6 of the LP400 in terms of refinement.

Doesn't make me a better driver however!

Do I need to remove the air cylinder when I've finished shooting or can I leave it attached to the gun if I'm going to be shooting again in the next few days?

Thanks

Paul

I always leave mine attached and have had no problems with it in the 2+ years Ive owned it.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Leave it on. It has been on my walthers for yrs now
    ATB,
    yana

If it’s a week, leave it on, a month, take it off. Probably won’t do any harm though!
    Thanks - Geoff.

On Co2 pistols the Co2 hardens the o rings so it is worth emptying/removing the cylinder. On a PCP the compressed air doesn't damage the gun at all. The idea of removing the cylinder comes from Co2 guns in my opinion
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

As all the others leave it on, I've never removed cylinders from PCP's and never had any issues,

As an additional point the LP400 has fine threads on the cylinder that can be stripped easily, ensure the threads are kept clean not only on the pistol and cylinders but also the fill adaptor, The cylinders have alloy threads and the adaptor steel, the cylinder will always strip first, seen quite a few stripped, normally where people have not kept the adaptor clean when its been left fitted to a bottle or over tightened the cylinder when fitting, as long as a little care is taken they're fine and the Walther is a great pistol.
    Last edited by nige346; 11-01-2018 at 10:49 PM.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more