Thread: Webley Disease....Highly contagious

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The pre-war 'Straight Grip' Senior, my personal favorite from the Webley range. .

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    The pre-war 'Straight Grip' Senior, my personal favorite from the Webley range. .

Brian
    My personal goal is to nail down the same in a US Stoeger!

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    My personal goal is to nail down the same in a US Stoeger!
    Hi,

Good luck with what would be an extremely expensive quest here in the UK. Although I have both calibres for this pistol, I would certainly go for the .177 given a choice as I find this much more accurate at 10 metres than the .22 calibre.

Interestingly, I have found this to be true for all spring powered air pistols I have tried with the reverse seeming to be the case with my Co2 powered pistols (Crosman 150, Benjamin 262 etc).

Regards
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi,

Good luck with what would be an extremely expensive quest here in the UK. Although I have both calibres for this pistol, I would certainly go for the .177 given a choice as I find this much more accurate at 10 metres than the .22 calibre.

Interestingly, I have found this to be true for all spring powered air pistols I have tried with the reverse seeming to be the case with my Co2 powered pistols (Crosman 150, Benjamin 262 etc).

Regards
    Brian
    Interesting I have noticed the same thing. I’m wondering if the same is true of Haenel 28s, my mint 22, 28 is very inconsistent. Haven’t tested my new 28, .177. I also tend to only want 22 Crosman rifles, just seem better for the pneumatic volume of air.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    In all seriousness, (apart from Ian's digressions) I really like Webley pistols !
    I have a smashing Premier "blued" E model .22 Cal. Boxed and I love it !

It is a truly noble quest persuing the collection of these magnificent British air pistols, but as there are so many, I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't collect them.
    However, as I attend many Shows, Sales, Fairs etc. and see the many tremendous examples therein, I don't blame anyone from seriously collecting them so I say, Good Luck to anyone wishing to gather as many great air pistols of this famous British airgun manufacturer !

Go for it Guys !
    “An airgun or two”………